PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
So if you guys don't like these, you're going to HATE the Havanas.
I agree with frozenchurchwarden. Vauen takes BIG risks compared to most of the other "big" brands and some of those risks are disasterous. But I give them props for taking them and some of them are genius. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right? The Fujis, Purisme and Speed are all sort of weird series that hit the mark perfectly. You won't get those without some crap along the way.
I've held at least 1,000 of them over the past couple years and own four. They are all, even the weird ones, exceptionally done pipes. As much as I love Savinelli and Peterson classics, I can't say the same about their consistency (which is sometimes spotty). I still think a Vauen Basic is the best first briar pipe for new smokers.
Oh, and although I'm not a fan of the cutout diamond, the original one (the plane black) actually feels pretty nice in hand. Not at all like a lego. :lol:

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
Good Mother of Pipes! What the hell is this? Vauen has some strange lines/ways in pipe making...

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Call me crazy, and or old fashion, but I much prefer smoking pipes... not toys (especially $400 toys).

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
I rather agree with Reniaeats, but I think a well known company should try and select among all the strange ideas it can face. Moreover this pipe and the cow too could be pretty toys if coming from China for 10 dollars not 400.

Last, but not the least, that pipe gives me an uncomfortable feeling, something like this:
hOSJMuph.jpg

kinnscience

Lurker
Sep 20, 2014
Wonderful marketing. Take a pipe.... surround it with ... plastic .... call it a diamond ..... and sell it for 5x the money. Well done.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
That’s no pipe, it’s rubbish. Just a way of trying to make money using a 3D printer.

Vauen Diamond £225.95

The award winning designer pipe conceptualized by Markus Bruckner sets the Diamond standard. It is the first pipe whose outer skin is created in 3D printing and mimics the shape of a cut diamond in its design. With an internal insert made of briar wood, you have a true world first of VAUEN in your hand.

Totally rubbish although they have improved from 2 years ago!

72a27cab-f335-4ddb-a526-111515ca43bc.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.