Seriously...?The New Vauen Diamond Skeleton

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipebuddy

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2015
Would you pay $400 for THAT? Not me; even if it was given to me, I wouldn't smoke it. "Special heat-resistant polymer".... :roll:
Look, on top of that, at how badly the stem is fitted to the shank. This looks so totally plastic...

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member
May 12, 2015
Monterey Peninsula
No.
But I also would not buy—at those prices and above—some of the briar free-hands that some think are beautiful.
Where found? Description?

pipebuddy

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2015
This one is offered at smokingpipes.com. But there are worse models in this series...
http://www.vauen.de/en/pipes/diamond.aspx?ref=9

mephistopheles

Preferred Member
Oct 14, 2014
I like the non-skeletonized blue diamond version... Honestly though, I'm so tired of people using a 3D printer and then charging absurd prices for their products.

aldecaker

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2015
At the risk of re-opening the whole Werner Mummert silly pipe debacle, that is not in my wheelhouse at any price.

daimyo

Preferred Member
May 15, 2014
I actually like the concept and overall look of the pipe portion. I agree the look is destroyed by that miserable stem fit. A clean and proportionate stem fit always looks good but becomes paramount when the pipe has such clean, straight lines and geometric shilloutte. For the price I would expect much better fit and finish.

daimyo

Preferred Member
May 15, 2014
It also looks like there are gaps between the briar and the skeleton, I think that throws it off too. I think it would look much less cheesy if the execution was better.