PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Wife comes in from shopping and says I've got you a Selfie Stick. I immediately go to my Cajun Dialect that I know annoys her and say Wha Dat? She says you have an IPHONE and can attach it on and take a picture. I say 10$ fu a stick, I can go to the pasture and get a stick fo free. She's very annoyed by now , hands on hip She says YOU DONT WANT IT? I extend it and tell her , might make a good back scratcher. She storms out the room. I really look at it then and say to myself Hot Damn Just What I wanted.. :rofl:

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Ah, yes. The selfie stick. If you can prove to the government that you actually use it you might qualify for disability or some other form of government compensation since approximately 83% of selfie stick owners suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
If you're farsighted & your arms aren't long enough, it could help you read the newspaper.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
With some of those big ass pipes you have I can see why one might come in handy Brad. !!

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Had to look that one up. Sort of like an inspection mirror. Or what Tom Hanks used in Saving Private Ryan.

Square_Inspection_Mirror.jpg

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Brad, that was very nice of your wife to get that for you! Make sure she knows how to use it:
28am9nb.jpg

Actually you are supposed to go on line to download the User Instructions:
dy8vox.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone know the London Eye, the tourist ferris wheel on the Thames near Parliament in London? The security staff on that have what are essentially selfie sticks with mirrors on the end they run under the ferris wheel cars as each passes to unload passengers to make sure there are no bombs afixed. A good idea but not too reassuring.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
The selfie stick....it still has me laughing. Why....why not just ask someone to take your picture? I seriously believe that next picture I'll ask my four year old niece to take it. Guess it's just one more way to cut out contact with other people. Missing the days when you asked a stranger to take your picture and hearing it wind up for the next one. Suppose that's unheard of now. If you see someone with a selfie stick...please ask if they know what an encyclopedia is. I've asked two and they looked at me funny and said no....don't ask your wife though. I would imagine she knows and no need to stoke the fire :)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
...including parts of the world that aren't that far from wherever you live.
The cartoon is right on, but the other end should be used; otherwise a perfectly good phone has gone dark. Very dark!

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
It is true that people will run with your phone. Though, I like to chance it that way rather than them grabbing a stick with it from my hand as I look to the sky making a silly face.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Ask someone to take your picture and you'll soon be short one camera or smart phone in some parts of the world.
hahah, I was going to say that. Actually, ask someone to take your picture and they will look at you like "are you serious? don't you have a front cam on your phone?"

Status
Not open for further replies.