Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

duncan

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Just wondering if anyone would be intrested in doing a secret Santa. I will work on getting it set up and all that jazz if there is an intrest. I figure we can keep it inexpensive and simple. In the end we can all have some fun. I will see where this goes and will get back to everyone in a bit to figure out the final thoughts.
Wade

kammi4pipes

Nov 1, 2010
I would likely send someone a tin, and as I don't know anything about tobacco. I prefer to stay alive, than to have someone after me for a hellish brand.

duncan

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Since we are showing some interest please get me names and address by the 12th of Nov. From there I will split the names with Bubba if he still wants to help and try to get them to everyone by the 15th of Nov. I would suggest packages be out by the 1st of Dec to deal with the postal service.
Kammi, I for one wouldn't be upset at any gift I would get since it is the thought not the item that matters.
As for the gift giving in general I say go for it. It doesn't matter what you spend. I believe it is the idea of gifting not the cost of the gift. Hell it could be something from you own stash to maybe a pipe you wanta share. My only thing is please give and recieve with a smile, and if you enter this please do it don't flake out.
Wade

excav8tor

Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I'm up for that, and I agree with tanless1... there needs to be a pre-agreed maximum price.

In addition, you need to look closely at postage dates as not all of us come from the US.

duncan

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
As for price limit throw out some suggestions. I realise not everyone is in the same economic place so I was leaving it up to the person. You send what you can, I know I do not look at the price just the act of giving.
As for the dates I would think that 1 dec should make it everywhere on time. I could be wrong but 3 weeks is a good bit of time.
Wade

*edit*

Also I will do my best to match up people in the same part of the world to save on shipping and time

duncan

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I was thinking 25, seems like a good number. My only issue with the price is some people might have certain things in mind from there private stash/collection and then you really can't put a price on that. I agree though with don't spend a ton of money on it.
I like the do not open bit, but man that will be torture!
Wade

duncan

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
So far the Names and addresses I have received:

Papipeguy

Greggors

Thomc80

Bubba
Other people that are intrested

ohin3

Kammi

Tanless

upstate

excav8tor
Still have time just wanta keep things updated and bumped at the same time.
Wade