PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I had to rusticate this one unfortunately because it has a few small pits. They are just cosmetic, but I decided to rusticate. The pictures don't do the acrylic coloration justice. The black and white shimmer from inside the material and I think it looks quite cool.

Cjg69Xy.jpg

uKG2t1W.jpg

tJc9qt8.jpg

qNFhv2n.jpg

3v9Ri2l.jpg

vb1xo1G.jpg

kVacv6r.jpg

0OkmTom.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Pretty stuff! How do you find the differences to be from vulcanite as far as difficulty to shape or polish?
"We're" getting there, Chris. I'm sure by now you've also posted this on the pipe makers blog and got some feedback?
You've got that shank/stem joint perfectly. The button and slot are nice. I know you've got your internals down to a confidently machined exactness.
Fine tuning shapes is next.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hi Mike, I've found that the acrylic polishes easier. I know that it's frowned upon but I take all my stems hand made or pre-formed through all my micro-mesh pads; 1500 to 12,000. It doesn't take that long and what else do I have but time on my hands? And I know that the Tripoli's back it all the way back down to 500/1000 but there's something about seeing them shine using the pads that I like.

epsilon2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2015
Excellent work ..

I prefer also working with acrylic rods(Jansen ,Hamburg) :)

That's a beautiful one .

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
My Brother, your work just keeps getting better and better! You have a gift and I'm so happy you are going for it... :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.