PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
After only smoking Orlik Golden Slice to get the hang of pipe smoking I finally felt comfortable enough to open the second can I have ever bought Plum Pudding. The smell of the freshly open tin was kinda sweet and kinda sour completely different from the Golden slice. The taste in a word is delicious. I wont claim to be able to taste the different tobaccos in this blend i'm too new to this for that but this was an eye opener. It's fantastic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Plum Pudding gets mostly good reviews, and I'm aging a tin with high hopes. I have a regular and a tall tin of Seattle Pipe Club's Potlatch. I'm looking forward to both. I'm a moderate smoker, so my progress through the cellar is somewhat glacial.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
Is Pirate Kake similiar to Plum Pudding? Can anyone recommend something else that is similiar? I love the Pudding :D

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
If you haven't tried the Special Reserve version of Plum Pudding, you are missing out.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
@stormydog, that is a great introduction to pipe smoking. Class Virginia with Orlik and now a classic English Latakia blend. I wish more new pipers would have the control like you to ease in and experience one class of tobacco at a time. Strong work. And btw, I very much like both blends you mention.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
I agree with Jim, the special reserve is really really good!! He is also who I look for when reading a tobacco review so.. :rofl:

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Plum Pudding Special Reserve is, simply stated, is "special." I love this stuff and can't get enough. I have 10 tens now and am blazing through them.

Time for another order. Oh, somebody save me from TAD!

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
It’s the first pipe tobacco I ever smoked, and still one of my favorites.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
What about the special reserve version of Mississippi River , also good ?

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
Just ordered a tin of Plum - I'll report back with my findings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.