PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I just opened a tin of Seattle Pipe Club's Seattle Evening. Tin note was not what I expected, sort of light aroma with some notes that I really can't put my finger (or nose) on.

First bowl is very good. Lighter smoke than I expected, but flavorful. Very dry to touch, but smokes well. Burn is good. I will know more as I work through this tin.

My fist impression is that it will be in my cellar from now on. We will see as this tin is emptied.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
What no comments on Seattle Evening? Anyone else smoking it? Loving it or hating it? Just curious. :puffpipe:

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I'd like to try some Seattle Evening eventually. I've had Plum Pudding and Mississippi River, and I've pre-ordered Deception Point. SPC's blends have all treated me very well in the past, and I feel sure SE would continue the trend.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I like the MS River. Haven't tried the Plum Pudding but it's on my list to try. Haven't decided to try DP yet, would be interested on some input when you get it. Enjoy ! :puffy:

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
It looks like it should be here sometime next week. I'll let you know what I think. If you're interested, I'd be happy to send you a bit in exchange for some Seattle Evening.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
vfe, we can do that. PM me your address. I can't send much, just have a small tin right now but I'll send enough for a couple of bowls. Blessings, Rob "Hotsot" Gardner

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I always thought Seattle Evening was the "step-child" blend of the SPC series. Miss River, and Plum Pudding always were the big players. I like Plum Pudding over Miss River, but Miss River is a solid smoke in itself. It has been growing on me.
I've asked before on the forums if anyone has tried Seattle Evening, and it's always been a response of: "I have been meaning to but have never gotten around to it."

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
SE is not bad at all. Prob not my fav but it is very good and will continue to be in my cellar. I like trying different tobaccos. This presents many problems, loss of $$$ being one, but I can't ever find the "one" tobacco, much less the "one" type. I can rule out aromatics as being a go-to for me. Example, I just finished a bowl of Black Gold. While it is one of the best aros that I've smoked, it just doesn't do anything for me. I've now fired up a bowl of original Frog Morton.... ahhhhhh now that is more like it. :) :puffy:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
SE was the first of the three which I tried, and it's the lightest. Since all 3 made my Top200 Cellar, I kept waiting for SE to become available in 8 oz and/or bulk, which PP and MR eventually attained. I asked RussO about P&C's plans with it, and he told me SE was sourced out of McClelland, unlike the other 2. At this point, my palate favors PP and SE, and I might demote the MR - not because it is deficient in any way but because I have dozens of blends in the Cellar which kind of occupy the same mind space.
hp

les

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I like the two I've tried of the Seattle PC's offerings. Plum Pudding is on my list to order. I have bought the MR in bulk and didn't detect any difference from the tin, so that is a good thing. MR was at the top of my list but has fallen with the Frog Morton's jumping into the top spots. Really enjoying them.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
One of our members sent me a nice sampler package of Plum Pudding. Thanks Michael, I'm really enjoying it. I think Plum Pudding will be a staple in my cellar.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I'm enjoying the Plumb pudding that Michael sent me. I sort of didn't get a lot of flavor at first but really is growing on me. The room note is great. Flavor seems to be coming up and I'm liking it. The Seattle Evening is really a complex smoke. I finding more and more that I like about it with each bowl. vfefrenzy has a sample of Deception Point on it's way to me. Thanks vfe, I hope you are enjoying the selection that I sent to you. Blessings to all and Happy Piping !! :puffy:

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
vfefrenzy, thanks my friend. You blessed me with a great selection. I know I'm going to be trying some of these over the next few days.

I have already smoked a bowl of Deception Point, I like it. I will post more after a few more bowls.
Thanks again for blessing me. :puffpipe:

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I appreciate the kind words, but I still think I got the better end of the stick here. I've really enjoyed all the tobacco you sent me. I smoked one bowl of Seattle Evening so far, and I think I'll have a second tomorrow. Thank you for your generosity.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
The Yule Log really began to grow on my. I really enjoyed that tobacco. Enough to be disappointed when I went to P&C to order some and found they are back-ordered. But, there are many tobaccos that I must try. hehehehee I really enjoy the search for the "perfect" smoke. :) LOL :puffpipe:

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I had the same experience with Yule Log. The first bowl or two I didn't care for it. I came back to it a bit later an found that my opinion totally changed. Since we seem to have similar tastes, I thought you might enjoy it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.