Savinelli 904 Punto Oro Corallo di Mare?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Can anyone tell me if Savinelli ever made the 904 shape in the Corallo di Mare finish?
I know that @Embers has one of the best 904 collections around, so maybe he could chime in.
Thanks!

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I have never seen one and I have many Corallo pipes. There are certainly many Capri Roots in the 904 shape so it would stand to reason there is a Corallo out there somewhere...
Don

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=246864
004-006-19685.jpg

Don

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
They do exist!!!
I have a 904 Capri Root that I love, and I have a 920 Corallo that smokes like a dream.
This might end up being a unicorn hunt, but I'm up for the challenge.
Thanks!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not at all. All of my 9004s have 904s made in the same product lines so a Corallo likely exists.

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
It's Official!!! I found a 904KS (not a 9004, unfortunately) Corallo di Mare on our favorite auction site. Was a little hesitant to pull the trigger and the price was more than I wanted to spend initially, but since I've been looking for this pipe for several years, I figured this would be my Christmas gift this year. It is in great condition.

A couple of tooth marks near the button, but they might be able to be lifted with a little applied heat and the stem itself needs a little buffing to remove some oxidation. The stummel is in great condition. Just need to clean it up a bit with some Everclear to get it back to the "natural" state so I can start developing a nice patina of my own. It looks to have been smoked very little.

I'll have pictures up once I clean it up.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
That is a great price for that pipe. Considerably less than what I paid. Had I not already committed funds to another project, I would buy this one, too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One was on eBay a week or so back at $200. I've only paid more than $30 for two of mine and can't see $200 for a factory pipe as it's not going to exceed the smoking properties of the pipes I already own.

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Yeah, that one on eBay was the one that I got. I normally wouldn't have spent that much on a factory pipe, but I've had several Corallos over the years and have always been able to get at least $200 for them on the resale, so I didn't feel too bad about pulling the trigger on that one. Especially since it's been one that I've been looking for these past couple of years.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.