PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
Mates, I just picked up my first Savinelli. Its a 320ks author shape. I'm mainly a Virginia and va/per guy, but on first blush this looks like a bowl that will favor Latakia blends. I'll have fun figuring it out but would love to hear input from other 320ks owners as to what blends they like in it.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I have a 320 Gaius and I haven't tried anything yet, Virginias, Va/Pers, English, that won't smoke just fine in it.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I love the 320 shape. I like to smoke burley flakes in mine, but I will switch it up to a light aromatic, or VA or VAPER.
Pipe rules are like pirate rules. "they're really more what you'd call guidelines".

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I love my 320 KS. It does a great job with any blend but lately I've been using it for Irish plugs. The pipe stays cool and those plugs give a 2 hour smoke. Enjoy yours.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've smoked mostly Prince Albert in mine while breaking it in. Current plan is to test it on aromatics and see how it handles them (one bowl in at this point, and I think the PA has ghosted it slightly), and then decide whether to switch to Latakias or Va/Pers.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I have one and it gets Wilderness and Squadron Leader in it. Haven't tried anything else in it yet. Tend to keep my VaPers and Oriental leaning blends in pipes under .80.
Took me a bit to start building cake in it. Sometimes I find the center burns faster then the edges and have to tamp accordingly....pushing the edges down a bit at an angle....towards the center. Probably a result of me puffing to fast.
Congrats on the new pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.