PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak2000

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2018
Illinois, USA
alphaprimecomm.com
I have several and they are all great smokers. Not every blend works in such a large bowl, though it works very well for flakes, plugs, and ropes imo. I have a Punto Oro, a couple of Capris, and I can't remember which others off hand.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have 5 Author 320S. One of the few briars I reach for as I prefer Meerschaum pipes...

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have one punto oro 320. Great for flakes, ropes, and I like English blends in it too. Ugly, fat, little turds, but great smokers.

Jan 8, 2013
The Savinelli 320 KS is what I call a magic pipe. Here's the short version of my 320 story. People were talking about them all the time, blah blah blah, I thought they were ugly as sin, blah blah blah, but all I heard was how great they smoke. So I let curiosity get the best of me and I ordered one, even though it was ugly as sin. Well they're really not quite that ugly once you have one in hand, they're just not very photogenic. They actually somewhat nice in person, and they have a very comfortable hand feel. That being said, I was blown away by how well that 320 smoked, and I now have four of them. I plan on two more in the the near future. I think there are some pipe fairies hanging out at the Savinelli plant, and when the lights go out, they sneak out and sprinkle magic briar dust on the 320s, making them all great smokers. I don't believe I've heard a bad thing about a 320 yet.
GET ONE!

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Awesome shape. I have a Rossi by savinelli in the 320 shape (which is basically the same as a sav, only less ornate) which I use for flake. Flawless smoker. I am looking to buy a savinelli 320 as well, to have for a larger bowl dedicated to ribbon English (for some reason the wide bowl bring something out of a latakia heavy blend). Clenching is a bit problematic, it can be done, but I find the pipe a tad heavy. If you can afford it, buy it!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great shape, but as mentioned, a tad larger and heavier than I prefer. Savinelli also makes a similarly shaped smaller version, I can't recall that number.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So many people love their 320's and 320 KS's, I couldn't dispute it. I do like a somewhat lighter weight pipe for many purposes, though I have some heavies. If it appeals to you, I'd get it. You don't always have to clench a pipe.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
All of mine as Savinellis (Rossi also makes this shape). I have a Trevi 320ks, a Fuoco 320 ks, a Hercules 320 EX, and a Tundra 320 EX. Not for clenching, particularly the EXs. Great smokers. All smooth finish. Love them all. Get one. My favorite is the Trevi, but they're all good.

Jan 8, 2013
Well I did it. I ordered me a 320
I bet you'll be glad you did once you fire it up. I'm much more a Peterson fan than a Savinelli fan, but I'll toot the 320 horn all day long. Fantastic smokers, great for complex blends. Especially Balkan/English blends. Very good for aromatics as well.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I'm in the same boat, anthony. When I bought my Rossi 320 last year, it was the first non-Peterson pipe I'd bought in at least 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.