Sasieni One Dot w/ Script w/ Patent w/ Stinger (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Seeing the One Dot Banjo posted it made me pull this off the rack and look at it. It has all the right stuff, I think. It's a shape 30 and its barely been smoked. It has great Birdseye too.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Ash, looks proper, and correct. Of note with the One Dot pipes, are the shape codes, they are completely unto themselves. The shape number 30 would later (by the time of the Four Dot ~ 1924) be used for the Worcester, a very different shape.
64sas12-465x600.jpg

:)

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I love it when a Sasieni One Dot comes out of hiding. Throw in some Davish insight and you've got a doubly satisfying thread.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Some Sasieni stinger pictures,
This One Dot (not mine) has Made in England across the top of the shank at the stem/shank join,
sasieni-one-dot-007.jpg

Another One Dot with a broken stem (mine),
onedots-016.jpg

and this one, also mine, the stinger is in what is not the original stem (should be a One Dot)
onedots-006.jpg

:)

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Al, I don't own the pipe anymore. Member Tshiraldi now owns it. Evidently GDilbos thinks the stem isn't original, it's a good repair, but not original, because the stinger isn't threaded.
I. Do. Not. Know.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Evidently GDilbos thinks the stem isn't original, it's a good repair, but not original, because the stinger isn't threaded.
In the other thread, it appears that there is evidence that not all the stingers were threaded.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
GDibos thinks the stem isn't original, it's a good repair, but not original, because the stinger isn't threaded.
My rememberer doesn't remember saying that. I've seen a fair number of legit old Sasieni stems which have had their stinger removed and the hole smoothed/reamed. I even have a couple in my rack.
But... if I did say that, it was almost certainly as one of three points, the other two being the button (not enough to go on in this photo to be conclusive, but what can be seen looks wrong), and the unmistakable "It's a replacement!!!" profile.
yD2WuLN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.