PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Thanks to all the hoarders who created this shortage and immediately it is sold out again because I get to save my money.
You think it was hoarders that caused Tobacco Pipes to sell out in 30 minutes or less? And are causing "this shortage"? You need to rethink that. SG shipping only once every 6 months or so might have a lot more to do with it but why bother considering the facts?
The SG will hit the other internet shops and will also hit B&M's over the next week or two. So if you decide you don't want to save your money, you'll have plenty of opportunities to spend it.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
You think it was hoarders that caused Tobacco Pipes to sell out in 30 minutes or less? And are causing "this shortage"? You need to rethink that. SG shipping only once every 6 months or so might have a lot more to do with it but why bother considering the facts?

The SG will hit the other internet shops and will also hit B&M's over the next week or two. So if you decide you don't want to save your money, you'll have plenty of opportunities to spend it.
B&Ms here only sell vape now. So there. I think hoarding is now the norm, and the voice of reason will surely be drowned out. Even if those hoarding have already enough to supply 10 people for several lifetimes.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
If you can't afford a 10 dollar tin of tobacco when available, then maybe you just shouldn't be smoking. When I started cellaring about 7 years ago, Gawith was readily available except for FVF. Since then, it has been pretty much been available with stuff occasionally out of stock. The current shortage appears to be a domino effect of people cellaring like mad after McClelland closed shop.

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
Was lucky enough to score 40 tins of St. James Flake before all the hoarders bought the rest up.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
B&Ms here only sell vape now
. And there are dozens across the country who have phones and will ship. You can call them or you could call a waaaambulance
And you have someone who bought 40 tins "before the hoarders bout the rest up." I surely hope that was tongue in cheek and meant as a joke.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
. And there are dozens across the country who have phones and will ship. You can call them or you could call a waaaambulance
And you have someone who bought 40 tins "before the hoarders bout the rest up." I surely hope that was tongue in cheek and meant as a joke.
If someone spent $400 on something that will sit in a cellar probably never to be opened is none of my business. I am lucky it was sold out otherwise it might have tempting.

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
Just stirring the pot and trying get a laugh! I did not buy any SJF, but I was happy to finally grab a few tins of 1792. Been looking for 1792 for many months to no avail!

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Thanks, weedsnager. They even remove listings when they sell out of something, so there's no clicking through to dead ends. What a concept. Well worth a couple extra bucks.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks to all the hoarders who created this shortage and immediately it is sold out again because I get to save my money.
Hmmm, do tell. If you quit spitting venom and cultivate friendships on here, you get tips for where to look. As far as hoarders causing immediate sell outs, I got a 1792 tip earlier today, and ten hours later after I got home from work I ordered this.
20190323_000640.png

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I took the advice and followed the example set from from experienced folk, who said stock up while I can. Best advice I ever took in relation to the matter.

Harris, Peck, Duane, Mark.... All motivated me to get focused on getting my cellar right.
I live in a country where the risk is extremely real that tobacco will not be available in any form, in the very near future - and I'm glad to nearly be at a point where I feel comfortable about my hoard, and have no regrets for having done so.
Im a hoarder, and pleased to be so!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I always find the ceremonial pissings from folks that missed a sale, tobacco drop or whatever, highly amusing. Must be tough living in a basement stealing your parents internet.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I feel comfortable about my hoard, and have no regrets for having done so.
As well you should and glad to have helped. There's going to come a time when tobacco is either going to he completely unobtainable, or far too expensive to buy, and I'll never feel shame for stockpiling.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I always find the ceremonial pissings from folks that missed a sale, tobacco drop or whatever, highly amusing.
+1
Some search the top three or four online suppliers and think it's gone. There are several other online stores not to mention B&Ms that still have it in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.