PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Samuel Gawith Winter Time Flake Pipe Tobacco by Samuel Gawith is a blend of pressed Virginia leaves. With a higher sugar content and the spiciness of the Latakia, experience a cool but rich, slow burn tobacco. For the experienced smoker.
Taste: Sweet & Spicy

Strength: Medium to Full
Blend Type: English

Contents: Latakia, Virginia

Flavoring: None
Strength: Medium

Flavoring: None Detected

Taste: Medium to Full

Room Note: Pleasant, Tolerable to Strong
As soon as I opened the tin I could smell the Latakia, the tobacco is allot of dark flake with some lighter flakes from the virginias. The tobacco was pretty moist so I let it sit out for about 20 minutes to dry "to my personal preference". The first bowl I folded and stuffed, the second bowl I did a light rub. It light nice and easy, and burned easy with a nice white ash in the bowl. The room note was nice and sweet and was very pleasant to me, the smell would switch to a little tangy, but mostly it was sweet, the taste was tangy, but not overwhelming, and their was no tong bite. This is not a blend I would recommend to a new pip smoker, or someone who doesn't like Latakia blends. I think this blend would get better as it ages.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Man, if I could only get my paws on some Wintertime Flake...really helped me through last winter moving all that snow.

Reactions: thebigragu

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
My personal favorite out of the 4 seasons line. I think this blend has an absolutely fantastic tin note. Great virginia\lat blend. 2906Still made and sold overseas. I stocked up back in the day.

Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.