PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
Squadron Leader was my first real success in the pipe world, in as much as it was the first tobacco I managed to smoke proficiently without battling through the whole bowl. From that moment I knew I was onto something good. Since then all bar two of the tobaccos I've smoked have been from Kendal (either SG or GH). Squadron Leader will always be welcome in my pipe.

Feb 2, 2017
Italy
Hello to all.

I'm new ... I'm Italian.

I would love to participate in this forum.

If I can leave you my review on this mixture.

Forgive me if I do not speak English well ...
Upon opening the box the fine Presents A yellow gold and brown coloring of Virginia, veined by the Latakia black. The moisture and perfect touch.

The Perfume And exciting! A privileged English mix me this Tobacco and liked right away, I Have Been One That I Have Convinced a Switch to English to mixtures.

I han Hit the beautiful harmony of natural scents, heady Without Doubt, but without becoming cloying.

The Latakia And come predominant place of me, the Virginia SEEMS That Face bit 'as a side dish. Loading and simple, aided by the Adjust cutting tobacco.

Also the ignition and normal, nothing to report if destiny well in the charge pipe.

The smoke has a good balance of flavors. Character has a very strong and determined and, just perhaps to this, we find, very conflicting packages Between Them. Those who prefer a harmony of delicate aromas More likely perceive sensations What can disturb ... but this does not removes the quality of tobacco present in the mix, All Perfectly balanced Between Them.

If the guests have been with a lot of calm, you will find the thousand shades of your bouquet.

Until the end of the smoke remains all distinct, with no Aromi Variations.
Conclusion: do not just keep it to yourself, invite your Best Friends for a smoke in the company.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Hello Daniele, welcome to the forum!
I am a big fan of Squadron Leader. I like these light English tobaccos - but I understand that someone who really likes the taste of Latakia would be disappointed. But it is a good, mild smoke for me. I smoke it sometimes when doing yardwork in the mornings and it really hits the spot.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bellissimo! Welcome, Daniele. Nice review.... Did you write it in Italian and have it translated online? This sentence confuses me: "If the guests have been with a lot of calm, you will find the thousand shades of your bouquet."
Ciao
John

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Good supply is hard in Alaska for Squadron Leader, but I do like it, that along with Piccadilly are some of my favorite all day smokes. Nice, cool, and uncomplicated.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I buy SL in bulk mostly and I smoke at least two bowls(dry of course) a day of this great English tobacco.
I have a few tins stashed away(in case of the zombie apocalypse) :evil:
It is especially tasteful after dinner and a cup of tea.

Dec 28, 2015
I really like squadron leader myself. Have a tin of skiff that I havent opened yet. Sounds like I need to open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.