PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Does anyone know a site that has this in stock anywhere? I ordered from a not very reputable retailer and ended up getting stiffed on my purchase. I was surprised since they were previously recommended in this forum for their house blends. This is the only straight Virginia that I've really enjoyed and now I can't find it. I'm also open to buying if anyone is looking to offload some. Thank you in advance for any help.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I ordered from a not very reputable retailer and ended up getting stiffed on my purchase.
Let me guess... Windy City?
I think it's out almost everywhere right now. You may have to call around? I picked up the last 4 tins that Peretti's had about a month ago, and noticed that Iwan Ries still had a few at the same time but are now gone. Mr. Snuff has some, but it's a pretty penny and shipping ain't cheap. Although, their customer service is great and I've placed a number of orders for snuff with them over the years and always received my order within 4-5 days. It will run you a little over $100 for a 250g box. Maybe someone on here will have mercy on you and sell some? Godspeed.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Well... there you go. ashdigger to the rescue. Nice!

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Not Windy City but replace one of those two words and you have the retailer.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Windy City has actually been generally good unless I use a coupon with them. When I do, they sit on my order for up to a week. Btw "ty5" will get you $5 off.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
http://www.pipeandleaf.com/shop/samuel-gawith-full-virginia-flake/

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
It wasn't me unfortunately. I put a few tins in my cart - got distracted, and then they were gone. Lol

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Let me see if I have this right: Jack6 gets on here to ask the members if anyone knows where he can find some SG FVF and a few respond with a website, and before jack6 can complete the transaction, other(s) lurking on the thread steal it out from under his nose?
Nice.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Let me see if I have this right: Jack6 gets on here to ask the members if anyone knows where he can find some SG FVF and a few respond with a website, and before jack6 can complete the transaction, other(s) lurking on the thread steal it out from under his nose?
Nice.

Boy, I thought I was getting cynical in my old age. I was actually twisted enough to briefly entertain the idea of someone doing this while reading through this thread ... Shame shame. :evil:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
This forum is not the center of the universe, yet. I suspect that retailer has customers, some of whom buy FVF, that have never heard of PipesMagazine.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
On that topic I noticed that almost immediately after I posted my recent review of Brown Sugar Flake my usual supplier was down to a mere three tins left with no hope of getting anymore!
By rights they weren't supposed to be selling it anyway, it is only the Danish Pipe Shop who is allowed to sell it but it certainly made me think that I might have spoiled my own patch by bringing the blend to the attention of a wider audience :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
This may not be the center of the pipe universe but I don't know anything closer to it, and all too often after people have posed something having come into stock somewhere, within minutes others post that they have effectively cleaned out the inventory buying up all they had! They even brag about it! So, coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt that 5 minutes after a tobacco thread came up here the supplier gets all cleaned out was totally unrelated. And the guy who was the one who actually brought it up never even got one can. At least there is the other place (they are probably cleaned out too by now). Pure selfish greed or opportunism.
I guess I was raised differently; if I go to a site to buy something I want and they have 8, I might buy 4, and if they only have 6, I might buy 4 or 3, leaving some for someone else. Who knows, maybe the next guy will do the same for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.