PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"within minutes others post that they have effectively cleaned out the inventory buying up all they had! They even brag about it!"
And therein lies the saddest aspect of pipesmoking...for me at least. Stock up on your favoured blend by all means but leave some on the shelves for your fellow smoker to pick up.
Regards,
Jay.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Toobfreak, but on the other hand the guy that "brought it up" was sent 8 ounces of 3 yr old FVF.
So this place isn't the shit hole of greed you suppose.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Putting words in one's mouth that were never said, or reading more into a post than was ever said is both unnecessary and reckless. There is a big difference between describing the actions of a few people vs. describing the actions of the entire forum, which I never attempted to do. Please understand the difference.
We all know they are out there. I've seen several brag about cleaning out inventories on a popular and sought after item, so I know you've seen them as well. Of course, they have every right to stock and hoard, it is a matter of personal ETHICS, every man for himself, right?, but as I'm sure many have noticed, you read about a great, little-known item here that has flown under most people's radar, and next day, all the shelves are bare. I don't believe in PAD but maybe there is a TAD?
But I'm glad that jack6 finally got a few ounces. Bravo to whoever sent it. Me, if I go to place an order and some blend I've read good things about is out of stock (and some always seem to be), I just order something else! Some of my favorite blends I've found that way! Great stuff that remains available on the shelf because it has somehow missed the spotlight of panic buying.
Tobacco is a weed---- it ain't going nowhere.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Dan, with all due respect I don't think Toobfreak was speaking of the majority of forum members when he made his statement.
As he correctly points out, there have been many occasions where some forum members do indeed boast about their latest plunderings (often with pictures as proof) and openly stating that they had cleared the shelf to the dismay of those with perhaps shallower pockets who are unable to even purchase a 'reasonable' quantity of their preferred blends.
There is much altruism shown on these forums with members giving freely to (largely) total strangers and that is to be applauded but I also think that having a thought for your fellow smoker whose financial circumstances may be very different to your own when making up your orders is not too much to ask.
Just my tuppence worth :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I can't speak for anyone else but I know whenever I read a glowing review of something that sounds to my taste or when someone posts a vendor has something I want for sale my immediate reaction is to buy log off, take a nap and dream of kittens to give the OP a chance to stock up. I never assume the OP understands how the internet works nor has ample foresight to stock up on the item.
Edit: Whenever someone posts about waffling on an inexpensive pipe I always try to relieve their frustration by taking the choice out of their hands. I find cheap pipes tend to burn well and it's awfully cold this winter.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Hey, no problem, thank you woodsroad! I probably could have stated things better anyway, but as usual, was typing things on the fly in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.