PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Lately it seems that everyone is getting dander up over just about every topic under the sun, so as a public service, here's a list of safe and unsafe topics:
UNSAFE:
Politics

Religion

World War II

United States Post Office

Cobs vs Briar

Hobbits weed

Lucite vs vulcanite

Lighters vs matches

Aromatics vs non-aromatics

flakes vs ribbon cut

Dunhill pipes

Apple vs microsoft

Artisan pipes vs others

rusticated vs smooth

stained pipes and unstained pipes

Noob vs Newbie

Obamacare

factory made vs hand crafted

Guns/ gun control

The educational system

PBS

Dogs vs cats

iPods vs Android

Pipe cleaner usage and number of

Salt & Alcohol vs retort

U.S. Government

Ma Bell

Kaywoodie vs Dr. Grabow
SAFE:
Weather
[just teasing!]

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Love this post six, people gotta stop getting angry and just respect each other when debating. It isn't that hard, we are all adults here. It seems like 1-2 people keep joining into a thread and making it toxic by letting their emotions run away with them. Our mods really need to be spending their time dealing with the more important things, like making our spelling perfect :)

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Our mods really need to be spending their time dealing with the more important things, like making our spelling perfect
lol! Now don't go getting the mods made at us!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I’m glad you said “just teasing” beneath Weather...because I’m quite certain we could get a riot going in no time with a weather discussion. And I hope you didn’t think it was safe to discuss safe topics.
lol! Now don't go getting the mods made at us!
The Mods are all made men (and it’s not safe to discuss how that status is achieved).

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Great thing about being on the computer you can say anything about those topics and still survive the overhead bar stool attack. :rofl:

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
In the few fights that I've seen already on here I think the mods have done a great job. Let everyone have their say and then shut the door when it becomes repetitive. Some of the better moderation on a forum that I've seen in a while. The tendency is to over govern and nuke threads at the drop of a hat or shotgun ban anyone with contrary opinions. Not here though (as far as I've seen), the mods seem to have found a good balance.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Yup, I can honestly say I love all our mods, even if some put 9's all over our posts and smoke aromatics :)

Jan 8, 2013
:roll: Unless you live in Texas, especially north central Texas, you don't know a hoot about weather anyway, so you shouldn't even talk about it. Weather.... really... I'm rolling my eyes right now at anyone who thinks they have anything interesting to say about weather. sheesh...

... :rofl:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I could not believe it, the clouds were the shape of a great tobacco pipe, and I dreamt that I was smoking it gently with the proper use of DGT... It was a heavenly smoke as I let my Penzance waft over the hordes of disbelievers and brought them all into my loving embrace...

Status
Not open for further replies.