PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Another mindless move by our politicians.
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/04/16/city-council-ban-flavored-tobacco/?fbclid=IwAR3KYbGYzdorUTv8PvUpdftj_jOjXLaC01TCEjmZUQ81xdyFcUbWLnJfL1c

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It always starts in fucking kalifornia and then spreads to the rest of the country. Vaping is a legal product, they have no right to ban it from stores.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
It does seem that many teenagers are into vaping and 'juuling'. Which is nothing but the NATURAL result of the war on tobacco: they just find something else to try, especially since vaping has been touted, even by 'experts', as healthy and non-tobacco.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
California Über Alles!
California Über Alles!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA_zY6tqQw

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
A modest proposal: since it's always "for the children" why don't we ban children from public places where adults are enjoying our fucking pipes? And politicians. Yes, let's not forget the politicians. :twisted:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's so much easier to blame the politician than the voter. We elect them, over and over. Then we blame them for doing what the electorate wants. If you don't like the situation, check 'em out before you vote. For those "one issue" voters among us ... well, you're SOL these days. No one is going to run on the issue of "two pipes in every den or man cave" or "free tobacco products and free health care." What happens simply isn't worth the angst.

dontbeaburleyman

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2013
Central California
I promise. I'm not getting into a political discussion!
The voters are getting exactly what they want. It just so happens I don't agree with the majority.
The California Assembly consists of 61 Democrats and 19 Republicans. The Senate has 28 Democrats and 10 Republicans. I live in one of the last bastions of conservativism in the state. But there's not enough of us to make a difference. And it won't change anytime soon. We can't vote out (or vote in) the ideology we want because Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento are so big, they overwhelm the rest of the state.
So. I have to grin and bear it until the time of my retirement (have a good job and parents are still alive). Then I will move out of the state I've lived my entire life to get some peace from the madness. Until then, I will put up with no vaping but a marijuana dispensary on every corner! And my pipes will be not be seen in the public domain, lest I get fined or arrested.
Had to get that out of my system. I won't make further comments about California politics.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
I would like to know what this means for cased and topped pipe tobacco, but the reporting covers next to nothing as usual.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
It's so much easier to blame the politician than the voter. We elect them, over and over.
AMEN Brother! Quit voting for the bastards that take rights away... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.