PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That is a VERY good question, but it was actually me who took the pictures. I know, somehow they are fairly good, I must have been having an off day :D

I will try to make them darker and more blurry next time, I promise :mrgreen:
Yes, I know you can do better! Don't just make them only too dark to see grain or pits, fills, etc.; use flash so there are highlights blown out, and then the rest of the pipe dims into obscurity, hiding the above. If careful enough, the flash reflection can be used to obscure a huge fill. Moving the camera while shooting helps, or holding the pipe in your hand and moving it will do the trick. If all else fails, trim it down to 16K then blow it up to 1200 pixels per side!

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I think I may have to ask him about a slightly bent billiard..with horn....in that awesome blast.....in a few weeks.
And NO... I am NOT Harris.......I LOVE Red Virginias... 8)

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Beautiful additions Peck... Thanks for sharing them. I just recently purchased my second pipe from Ryan and have decided that I'm going to start working towards a 7 day set from him.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, awesome looking pipes, the cross grain and birdseye rock. They are way too nice for you.
jefff knows my tastes and recognizes my collection as all class. peck wishes he had as much class, but at least he has something to aspire to.

Status
Not open for further replies.