Rum Flake Ghosting?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

owen

Preferred Member
May 28, 2014
My rotation splits into two. Pipes for English And Balkan tobaccos and pipes for Virginia based tobaccos. Where do I smoke a rum flake?

andystewart

Preferred Member
Jan 21, 2014
In a Mississippi Meerschaum - the rum flavour and sweetness really come out and you don't ghost a briar.
Andy

clickklick

Preferred Member
May 5, 2014
I kinda agree. Are start an aromatic only pipe. Rum Flake will ghost forever and a day....almost.

crashthegrey

Preferred Member
Dec 18, 2015
I have a rum specific pipe. Because I like rum and briar. A lot. I don't like most aromatics, but I like Navy Flakes and the like that have the rum.

owen

Preferred Member
May 28, 2014
Case closed thanks guys. I have never smoked an aromatic. I will use a cob and if I like it dedicate a briar, it was a bulk flake from a great tobacconist in Aberystwyth, also picked up Dunhill Navy rolls, London mixture and H and H vintage Syrian which is amazing.

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
You may like it so much that ya want it to ghost a briar. I have many pipes dedicated to the Lakeland genre, Rum Flake is very, very light in that department. It's a great smoke. Try Scotch Glake too!
Edit* I assumed you were talking about GH&Co Rum Flake... looks like I assumed wrong.