Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Admin-Mod.gif

You've been warned.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I read "The Road" and I thought that Cormack McCarthy did the minimalist thing even better than Hemingway. I hope this isn't too much of an off-topic post. puffy
At the risk of off topic offense, I have to agree. My favorites are Blood Meridian and Suttree. Not for the faint of heart his writing.

Reactions: danimalia

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I love how a rules thread about off-topic posts and proper capitalization/punctuation has generated a discussion about literature and artistic expression.
It was bound to happen, haha, although unintentionally I swear. At least it hasn't turned into a pissing match like some threads.

I can't help it, I'm American. When anyone says "You shall not" we can't help but say "Oh, we SHALL!"

Aug 1, 2012
I love how a rules thread about off-topic posts and proper capitalization/punctuation has generated a discussion about literature and artistic expression.

rotf
Don't ya hate it when the OP drops a bomb and then doesn't come back...? ? Oops, didn't realize who the OP was...well, it was nice knowing you all. bdw (Jokes, just jokes. No offense meant.)

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
At least for me when someone bumps an old thread I frequently learn something from years ago. Is it tough to spend 3 seconds to see the thread was started in 2015?...yes it is..like square flakes in a round tin.

Reactions: saintpeter

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I guess there's bumping, and then there's adding something cogent to an existing thread that hasn't seen action in quite a while. I see a big difference, and I bet the admins do, too.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Yawn...Now lets get real! What the ? is all these stupid "smilies" ? Good Lord, bring all the old ones back, these new ones are ? in a BIG PILE! That...is how I really feel...(Except for the ?. I like it!)...

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
At the risk of off topic offense, I have to agree. My favorites are Blood Meridian and Suttree. Not for the faint of heart his writing.

I remember a few years ago they were talking about making a film version of Blood Meridian, with Ridley Scott as director. Ridley Scott is talented, but as far as I'm concerned, it is un-filmable. It was hard enough reading it, I most certainly do not want to actually see some of the horrors described in that book. Jesus.

Sorry for going off-topic, but I could not live without submitting my Blood Meridian take.

Status
Not open for further replies.