PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
Speaking of carrying, below is my wife's carry handgun. She's a wheelgun fanatic. She also owns two other revolvers in .45acp and a Ruger Super Red Hawk in .454 Casull.

SW_325PD-1.jpg

Below is my carry weapon.

100_0040.jpg

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
Cabin, your wife carries a .454 Casull? Damn. [:worship:]
She doesn't carry it, but she likes to shoot it. Here she is.....
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cabinfever_MN/media/Drews%20Nov2010%20Visit/mercy.mp4.html

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
She doesn't carry it, but she likes to shoot it. Here she is.....
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cabinfever_MN/media/Drews%20Nov2010%20Visit/mercy.mp4.html
cabinfever, you got quite a lady there! I'd say that she has your back.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Interesting that since this thread started, I've begun to consider a change to my carry and am seriously reviewing the LC9s; this version seems to have corrected the trigger reset and break point compared to the stated LCP (which I've never held in my hands). I base this from the Hicock45 Youtube channel. The changes seem related to the shift from Hammer to Striker fire.
For those reviewing:

LC9s - Light Carry 9mm - Striker Fire: This model has a manual safety and magazine lock.

LC9s Pro - Light Carry 9mm - Striker Fire: This model has only the trigger action safety and no magazine lock. This means that the magazine can be out of the weapon but still be discharged if there is a round in the chamber.
I have smaller hands and both the LC9s and Glock 43 fit me nicely; I like the trigger on the LC9s better than the Glock, but that's just me.
My other consideration will be Rugers LCR chambered in .38; light weight with Hogue grips on a polymer frame revolver. This is my wife's carry gun right now and she likes the compact lightweight frame with a proven ballistic round.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have two LC9s Pros. I like the "feel" them and got a few 9 round mags for them. For me that is a winning combo. I reload, but right now I have been carrying Underwood ammo with the Lehigh Defense bullets for the 9mm. Anyone who likes the grip/grip angle of the Glock would probably really like the 43. Have you looked at the XDS??? Just got one of those and I really like it as well. I just got my daughter a LCRx in .38 Special. Ruger just can out with one in .357 and I have to add it to my fleet of LCRs. Anyway, get the LC9s Pro. No safety, no magazine disconnect, it is ready to go to work.this is for my small 9mms and I use the 115 grain in my duty size guns.

https://underwoodammo.com/shop/9mm-luger-p-90-grain-xtreme-defender-2/

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Interesting that you mention the XD-S series; I've looked at those and the grip feels off to my hand. Something about the dimension makes it feel un-natural. Now I have an XDsc right now that I love, but the double stack width makes it hard for me to carry. I'm a very short statured man who is short waisted. I love the XDsc for my "bed gun" and it's a hoot on the range; but for carry, just a bit uncomfortable for me. Hence looking at the LC9s or sPro / Glock. I'm not in a hurry so I'll take my time.

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
I find my LCP hard use accurately due to its size, so I consider that to be unsafe. My 3" SP101 is my favorite partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.