PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI

This is my new Rossi pipe. Just got it in the mail today. Inspired by Einstein. This is my first apple shape, And I must say,I love it. Breaking it in gently with Carter Hall of course, but it won't be babied for long.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've got a Rossi Otranto in that same shape. It was my prize for the cartoon caption contest a few months ago. It has a rather small bowl, but it smokes great. I just use it for stronger flakes and plugs, or when I want a shorter smoke. Even though Rossi pipes look rather plain, they are real bargains, and IMO they smoke just as good as their Savinelli counterparts.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
My Rossi pipes get plenty of smoking time and never let me down ... congrats! :puffy:
Let's see if I can get yours to show ...
20160407_141639-600x337.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thanks for the help cobguy! There's no fills that I can see, the stem is comfortable, and it's just as lite as I like. Perfect. I celebrated by ordering a tub of Carter Hall right after I received it.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
scarface,
Rossi are made by Savinelli, and appear to be identical in every way. They tend to be less ornate and sometimes have slight cosmetic flaws, but are still Savs.
If you like Savinelli, you'll find the draw the same, barring major manufacturing defects.
Is the one you're looking at one of the "no filter" models? They are more restricted than the 6mm, but seem identical to the Savinelli no filters.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes, the draw is indeed tighter that's I have ever witnessed, but I also believe my Stanwell has a little too much draw, so Idk. This baby smokes perfectly to me.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
She's almost fully broken in after 24 hrs. Each smoke has been beautiful. The worst part about this pipe is having to let it rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.