PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Good Day All
I received an email from a trusted friend and client. Not sure if this post is acceptable to make or not.
https://www.youcaring.com/rolandonegoita-1077649
Feel free to read and what follows is up to you.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Here's to a speedy recovery. I always marvel at Rolandos creative eye and craftsmanship in his pipes and knives.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Poor fellow ... I hope he will manage through his treatment. He makes some state of the art pipes, I always wanted one as a nostalgia object, especially since he was born not far away from where I live. I guess now that he stops making them, they will become even more pricy. I wish him "sanatate si Doamne ajuta". :crying:

kwguy

Lurker
Nov 23, 2016
New Windsor, NY
I am adding to this thread on behalf of my good friend Rolando. While the above crowd funding site has raised a decent amount of money, sometimes doing that is not within everyones means. There is another fundraising effort being organized by Marty Pulvers. He is accepting pipe donations to be sold on his website, www.pulversbriar.com with 100% of the funds being donated to the Negoita family to help them through this difficult time. So if you have a pipe or two that you just aren't smoking anymore, consider donating them to a cause to help one of our own.
Below is an excerpt from Marty's March 1st posting on his website.
March 2, 2018;
On the Rolando Negoita front: A thoughtful

& generous, but anonymous, member of

our community has developed an excellent

plan to help raise funds for a much loved

pipe maker in need of expensive post-

operation medical attention & care.

Pipes no longer in favor, no longer in the

rotation, can be sent here, the sale

proceeds of which will all be donated to

Rolando's care. No commission will be

deducted. Our anonymous Samaritan is

donating some pipes & if you care to

donate a pipe or two for this purpose,

please contact me and I will give you my

home address & the pipe will be posted as

quickly as possible.

As of this typing, pipes by at least two pipe

makers, and other hobbyists have been

promised.

This is such a good and painless way to

help a great member of our community. Of

course, cash donations to the link listed

below are also welcome.

This is the link to so donating. Be

generous.

https//www.

youcaring.com/rolandonegoita-1077649
Marty

Contact Marty at mpulvers@aol.com if you are interested in helping

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've selected a pipe to donate to the cause and I hope that one of you will be interested in purchasing it to help The Negoita family deal with his healthcare costs.
It's a beautiful 5 knuckle bamboo shanked straight grain Dublin, made by Walt Cannoy.
It's an outstanding piece and has been thoroughly cleaned. I'm off to the Post Office to send to Marty for listing on his site, pulverspriorbriar.com.
All proceeds go to the Negoita family.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I just mailed off a few pipes too, including a Jack Howell Clam and a Mark Tinsky billiard.

kwguy

Lurker
Nov 23, 2016
New Windsor, NY
Marty has begun posting the donated pipes for Rolando fundraiser. They are listed under the specials tab on his page www.pulversbriar.com
Last week Marty told me he already had 20 donated pipes that he needed to put on his site. At our meeting of the Hudson Valley Pipe Clun last night I collected 24 pipes to send off to Marty, some are unsmoked including a beautiful pipe by Rolando. Other pipes fron the HVPC include Dunhill, Castello, Tim Thorpe, Cavichi, Ardor, Nachwalter, Connoiseur just to name a few. Check Marty's site often for some great pipes, the procedes of which will help a good friend and an amazing pipemaker.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's great to see people donating pipes to help in this emergency. This represents the best traits of the pipe smoking community. You'll find some truly excellent bargains.
To go directly to the page:
http://pulverspriorbriar.com/specials.html
Keep checking out the page as there will be new listings on a regular basis.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm bumping this thread to let those of you who might be interested, that a number of high quality pipes, at very attractive prices, have been listed in the specials section on Marty's site.
Here's one of Marty's pictures of the Walt Cannoy pipe I donated:
wCzQ8NH.jpg

It's been thoroughly cleaned and is ready to smoke.
There are some great pipes up for sale and 100% of the proceeds go to help Rolando and his family meet his medical expenses.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been watching Marty's site and missed out on that Jody Davis pipe. I would have bought that in a minute. That Cannoy is pretty, just too long for me is all.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
I have a batch awaiting shipment, waiting on one last donation from a NY Pipe Club member. We didn't collect many, unfortunately, we'll have 8 to send once I receive this last one. We also received one unused Sailorman Jack Zippo lighter! Hopefully they will all sell and help out our brother.
Lou

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Marty Pulvers told me he was sending a check to Rolando's family today. Hurrah for the pipe community! Hurrah for Marty Pulvers!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
If you've not donated a pipe, consider doing so. If you have, consider sending another. A worthy cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.