RoadQueen Special: Up Close and Personal!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
A recent post about the Cob Snob pipes prompted me to contact the company. The color full resin that they wrap onto MM Cobs was good looking, but I inquired about a more feminine color scheme. Here are the results:

IMG_20130528_202558_384.jpg

IMG_20130528_202614_968.jpg

Did I mention the matching pipe tamper?

IMG_20130528_202629_804.jpg

I was prompted to go even further with my new custom, tricked out corn cob pipes and purchased a Churchwarden Forever Stem and dear Rose Fancy Lucite Mini-Chruchwarden stem from Walker Briar Works:

IMG_20130528_202536_326.jpg

IMG_20130528_202519_926.jpg

Here are the finished products:

IMG_20130528_202747_511.jpg

What do you think? :D

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I would also like to add that the folks at Cob Snob and Walker Briar Works were nothing short of amazing to deal with. Very friendly, very professional, and very nice products. I would not hesitate to spend my hard earned money with either company, both are top notch in my humble opinion.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for taking the time and effort to get pictures of those pipes online for all of us to admire. :clap:

It's a very informative post -- I had no idea something like this could be done to dress up a cob.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I showed my wife your post, and both of us thought the pipes were really good looking. It's about time that women were included. My wife said that if she wasn't such a severe asmathic, that the churchwarden would really tempt her.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Thanks gents. I was a little hesitant to post my outrageous pipe pics, but I am so happy with them I couldn't resist. They both smoke fantastically, and the resin coating on the outside of the cobs do not affect the cob smoking qualities at all. They smoke just like a cob should. :D
My non-smoker lady friends have been a bit shocked, yet still impressed with these pipes. However, once I lite up and start puffing my aromatics, the chortles and jokes become contented air-sniffing and murmurs of appreciation. :puffy:
Several have reminisced about fathers and grandfathers who smoked pipes. It's been a really fun and rewarding hobby to get into, that's for sure!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats roadqueen - those look really nice!
My non-smoker lady friends have been a bit shocked, yet still impressed with these pipes. However, once I lite up and start puffing my aromatics, the chortles and jokes become contented air-sniffing and murmurs of appreciation.
Several have reminisced about fathers and grandfathers who smoked pipes. It's been a really fun and rewarding hobby to get into, that's for sure!
I can imagine - who knows? Maybe you'll find a convert or two.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Roadqueen:
I just went to the Cob Snob website and you made quite an impression on them! Proudly displayed on Page 1 of their pipe selections is your color scheme - the Roadqueen Special.
Well done.
Fnord

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I just went to the Cob Snob website and you made quite an impression on them! Proudly displayed on Page 1 of their pipe selections is your color scheme - the Roadqueen Special.
fnord,

The designer is a very nice woman named Christine. She was ELATED when I contacted them about a feminine design. She emailed me not long ago to let me know that another pipe smoker liked my design so much that he asked about getting his own custom pipes - in purple!
I suppose I'm unintentionally taking the pipe world by storm. :wink: Who knew?!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
RQ, those are just too cool. Congrats in getting pipes that you love, nothing better than having something in your hand that smokes great and you love the looks of. It definitely makes the hobby way more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.