PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Anyone know if we'll ever see the acadian Vaper? My guess is probably not...
I picked up a couple of tins of it a couple of years ago. I smoked one and didn't care for it. Something about Perique over Perique processed Virginia just didn't work for me. Kind of like two instruments playing the same note but one was not quite on pitch with the other.

Jun 27, 2016
Here's some recently de-tinned & jarred Acadian Gold. No mold, some nice age crystals, & the tin note is in full effect.

rog2-600x450.jpg

rog1-600x450.jpg

I've also had some jarred up for months at a time, & never got mold, but they all have the pieces with a lot of age crystals on them. :puffy:

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
Soo,
I just put a few tins in the cart, and it said that it was too many.
I lowered the number until it took, then checked out.
Now it says "out of stock"
Sorry...

901blends

Lurker
Apr 23, 2018
I think there is more potential for this leaf. I've read the tasting notes over and over again.
I'm working on a Cognac blend using Acadian Bright, Germain's Latakia, Syrian Latakia, some old funky Turkish, and some red/stoved Virginia used condimentally.
Basically, akin to Pembroke or SH Cognac mix in the idea of infusing the flavors of cognac, but using Acadian Bright instead of Germain's succulent Virginias.
The flavor profiles just seem to click.

Jun 27, 2016
^^^ Any mold problems? I'd like to see pics of your tubbed Acadian Bright straight out of the tub. I've heard that the tubbed stuff can get moldy. I'm curious to see if it looks any different from the tinned RO Gold release. :puffpipe:

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I just picked up 3 tins of the VaPer, and on sale.

Looking forward to my first taste!
Don

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
Just opened my first tin on New Years Eve... I see the crystals obviously, but there's some larger white spots... mold? Safe to smoke?

Jun 27, 2016
I've seen that in my tins, not mold.
To quote myself,
"I'd like to see pics of tubbed Acadian Bright straight out of the tub. I'm curious to see if it looks any different from the tinned RO Gold release."
because I wonder if they started adding anti-mold powder to it, since the tubbed stuff mostly molded out, but not the tinned stuff. :puffpipe:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
When I saw Mark in Vegas, he acknowledged the problems with the tubs, saying that it was packed way too moist. This time around he's corrected it, and showed me by opening a tub for me to examine. I'll enjoy blending with it. I also managed to get some of the last of the 10 year barrel aged Perique as well.

greenmtnsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2018
I have only tried the Va/Per version and it has one of the best tin notes I have ever come across. I enjoy the smoke but to me it seems to lose something after the half way point. Could need more age as it's less than a year in the jar.

Jun 27, 2016
That looks normal to me, including the individual white pieces. Usually I see them on top when I open a tin. Unless it smells rotten, you're probably good to go. If anyone has a pic of the first run of D&R tubbed Acadian Bright, it would be interesting to see. :puffpipe:

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Just bought a couple of tins, they arrived today. 3 of the Acadian Gold, 1 each of the Acadian VaPer and English. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.