PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Finding exact matches for any blend is usually a fool’s errand.
12qhac.jpg

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
It was my first real favorite english, I have enough cellar-ed for years to come. I do agree that there are plenty of great options out there though.

Unkleyoda, nice Obi Wan quote, very appropriate question.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Man, my wife and I just finished a great bottle of french wine and im sitting in my garage with a glass of scotch enjoying a bowl of nightcap before bed. Does life get any better than this?
I just began piping again after an 18 year hiatus. I must say that it was the memory of sitting in my garage lounging amongst the heavenly clouds of Nightcap smoke that I just couldn’t forget.
Tonight, I’m enjoying GL Pease Odyssey. Reminiscing on those wonderful moments that only a fine tobacco can weld to your memory. Never to be forgotten.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
“Man, my wife and I just finished a great bottle of french wine and im sitting in my garage with a glass of scotch enjoying a bowl of nightcap before bed. Does life get any better than this?”
I just began piping again after an 18 year hiatus. I must say that it was the memory of sitting in my garage lounging amongst the heavenly clouds of Nightcap smoke that I just couldn’t forget.
Tonight, I’m enjoying GL Pease Odyssey. Reminiscing on those wonderful moments that only a fine tobacco can weld to your memory. Never to be forgotten.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I stocked up pretty deep on flake and dark flake when the brand’s demise became public. I’m 40 years old and have enough put away to last me until I’m at least 600. With that said, I sure hope everyone is correct in that we could see the blends reappear soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nightcap was my first fuller strength transcendental (if you will) English blend experience, so I'm not passing it off, but as I have said a few times, the variety and range of blends right now is spectacular, the golden age for pipe tobacco, so I feel ungrateful going into deep mourning for one blend. I'm one of the diehards who persistently expects the Dunhill bends to resurface under some licensing or outright sales agreement. This is like my friend's father who had hunted red wolves all his adult life and piled them up like cord wood, but as they became nearly extinct insisted they had only migrated northwest (of Eastern Texas where he lived and did his hunting).

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Got a tip here that a B/M in Tennessee very near where my sister lives still had some Nightcap left. She got their last 2 ounces. Guess I’m not quite done after all.

Jan 7, 2019
rdavid, I’m in middle TN! You wouldn’t PM me if this brick & mortar was in middle TN would ya?
Oh never mind. She got the last two. Got excited! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.