PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Jerry Lewis, the brilliant, divisive giant of comedy, died at his Las Vegas home Sunday morning at age 91. The news was first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal and then confirmed by Lewis’s agent
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/jerry-lewis-controversial-comic-titan-behind-nutty-professor-mda-telethon-dead-91-180652153.html

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
20953786_10154912443323106_7033485804091822831_n.jpg

Funny guy... RIP

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
My love of comedy stems from the first time I watched The Nutty Professor. I sat in awe and realized that funny is what I wanted in movies. RIP.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
He and Martin were so tremendous together. And I grew up watching his telethons. Lewis was one of the good ones.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jerry Lewis took a difficult personality full of egotism and neediness and transformed it into joy and laughter, and in some cases research and healing. If we could all take our negatives and turn them to the good the way he did, the world would be a much better place. I loved his work with Dean Martin way back when. The French adore his full-length films, far more than Americans do even. He had an ill-fated nighttime talk show that was just too much Jerry, but I still remember some of the gags. He would sing to the "West Side Story" tune ... "Maria, I just met a guy named Maria, and suddenly the name will never sound the same to me...." Jerry had some large number of sons, and I bet in their own ways they've done well by the world. Jerry was not an altogether happy man, but he made many others happy. He did some fine non-comedic movie acting as well, and I wish he'd done more of that.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
It is sad. Happily, Jerry Lee Lewis has been resurrected! Apparently CNN, in their haste or incompetence, put "the killer's" name one their news crawler instead of the great comedians' name. I hope it wasn't an anti pipe smoking stunt, Jerry Lee smoked or smoked a pipe.
Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.