Richmond VA Pipe Smokers Gathering (New CORPS Event!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw4d

Lurker
Jul 2, 2018
Pipe smokers around the world have been asking the CORPS to bring back the annual “Pipe Smokers’ Expo” - and, believe it or not, we have been missing our annual conclave, too - longing to see our friends, smoke our pipes together, and meet new pipe smokers. It was difficult to find a place that incorporates our requirements, foremost being able to enjoy a smoke in a casual and relaxed atmosphere (a tradition from which the CORPS would not waiver), have a cup of coffee, perhaps a libation, all while trading pipes and tobaccos and carrying on with all the joys of pipe smoking. That location has been found and so . . .
The CORPS proudly announces

Pipe Smokers’ Gathering!

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Manchester Moose Lodge

11110 Trade Road, North Chesterfield, VA 23236

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

(7:30 a.m. - Exhibitor ONLY set up)

TABLES - RESERVE NOW! - $35.00 per table

Pipe and Tobacciana collectors, tobacconists, pipe makers, all welcome!
$5 for Public Admission - - CORPS Members - FREE! (Join or renew at the door)
Food, coffee, drinks and cash bar on site. Plenty of free parking.
Official Hotel - mention “Pipe Smokers Block” for discounted rate:

Hampton Inn (a few blocks away) - 804-897-2800

Many other hotels in the immediate area.
Join us Friday night, Sept. 28 at 6:00 pm, for dinner (on your own)

at Extra Billy’s BBQ patio (pipe smoking allowed!)
More information on our web site: www.conclaveofrichmondpipesmokers.org

Or our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theconclave

Questions or Table Reservations: contact us at contact@conclaveofrichmondpipesmokers.org

We will email you back and send you a table reservation form.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
ALSO: YES, YOU CAN SMOKE YOUR PIPES IN THE "GATHERING"!
ALSO: A second hotel will be offering rooms at special rates: DoubleTree by Hilton - only 1/2 mile from the Gathering! 804 379 3800
ALSO: Sutliff Tobacco will be hosting a tour of their pipe tobacco operation on the Friday before the Gathering - come a day early and see how pipe tobacco is made - lots of info and goodies!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, that is fantastic news! The show ended after only three years of my attendance. At a 3 hour drive, this was the closest show to me. The venue sounds like the right move as well! Date is definitely bookmarked!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
This is awesome! That's about a 3 hour drive for me! I missed my local pipe show here in Raleigh by like a week when I finally saw an advertisement for it. I'm putting this one down on my calendar for sure!

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
Great news; thx for the specifics! Will definitely make an attempt to get down there to check it out

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
There's also a Sutliff factory tour with special events. I posted it here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/sutliff-factory-tour-sept-28?replies=1#post-1233460

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
CORPS Pipe Smokers Gathering LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY!!!
Less than a week away to the first CORPS Gathering and its is SOLD OUT of tables! Check out some of the vendors and folks who will be there!!! We look forward to seeing everyone and sharing a smoke together on September 29th.
We invite all pipe smokers to the Gathering to find a favorite pipe, check out the blends of pipe tobacco that major blenders from around the world will be representing and to meet old and new friends there"
Due to unfortunate circumstances the lunch counter will be closed, but lots of restaurants within a few blocks.
Don't forget the Sutliff has decided to join in the fun and are putting on their inaugural FACTORY TOUR EXTRAVAGANZA on Friday 9/28!!!
Remember pipe smoking is encouraged at both events!!!
Please read the details on both flyers and visit the websites below for more details and how to register for the two events separately:
https://conclaveofrichmondpipesmokers.org/event-calendar
https://www.facebook.com/events/982346298611935/
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sutliff-tobacco-factory-tour-blending-seminar-premarket-launch-trials-tickets-47559494729?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

Status
Not open for further replies.