PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnewb1

Might Stick Around
May 9, 2018
I briefly smoked a pipe about 15 years ago. I had my father’s pipes at that time, a collection of EA Careys and I smoked the same tobacco he had always smoked, Borkum Riff. Those original pipes are in pretty ruff shape so I started to acquire new pipes. The first I ordered was another EA Carey, because that was all I really knew...though I decided to start researching and I have been acquiring some estates from eBay and blue room briars. I also decided to try different tobaccos and have tried Cult blood red moon as I have always liked cherry aromatics, and I do like this one. I have also tried some “English” blends, Dunhill early morning and a Dunhill Virginia Ye Olde Signe...I have also tried Boswell Countryside and Moonshine XXX.
Glad I took up the hobby again and looking forward to learning more and trying new things.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard mnewb1. As they say in the South, you came by your pipe smoking "honest." That is, inherited from family. I'm another who did that. Gramps, my dad's father, was a pipe smoker, and my dad smoked his pipe almost all the time. I owned an EA Carey for years. Had one of those little carburetors in the shank that I finally taped over, not seeing it did much good. It was a compact little apple, straight stem, with a very matte brown finish and no grain. I smoked several Tinder Box blends, likely including Lanes 1Q by another name. It sounds like your branching out with pipes and blends.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
"Pipe". Oh wait, I got excited and started thinking about Princess Leia in Return of the "Jedi". Cheers and welcome.

567c1d55e6183e263a8b49a3-750-563.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome. Your Dad's pipes may be in rough shape but still in restorable condition. I would consider sending them out for a professional cleaning and polishing. I have two pipes that were my grandfather's.

Status
Not open for further replies.