Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

npod

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2017
Congratulations!
I hear retirement is a great career choice :)

ray47

Preferred Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hope you enjoy your retirement. I've been retired for 10 yrs, but I do wish I would have kept on working. I would be a lot more healthy.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congrats on attaining one of life's major milestones! :clap:

I worked for 32 yrs. myself, and I have enjoyed the last 15 much more! :lol:

Just read my signature line. :wink:

scloyd

Preferred Member
May 23, 2018
Good for you. :clap: Enjoy.
What I like about retirement...cutting the grass, oil changes/repairs, Dr. appointments, dentist, going to the movies and shopping any time, any day of the week. No more trying to schedule around work hours.

pepesdad1

Preferred Member
Feb 28, 2013
Retirement is great!!..Love being able to get up when I want, sleep when I want, smoke when I want...like this is what life should be about...pure enjoyment and no worries about deadlines and other peoples' BS. Wife and baby dog still sleeping in the bedroom...smile on both faces....'specially the dogs'.

sablebrush52

Preferred Member
Jun 15, 2013
Enjoy your retirement! You have earned it.
My father loved retirement so much that he did it three times. First time at 65, then he got coaxed back as a consultant at 3 times what he'd been paid as an employee. Then he went and did it again at 75, and damned if he didn't take on a bunch of free lance projects that interested him. Then he went and retired yet again at 84, and this time he meant it. Yard work, gardening, golf, reading, sports, travel, enjoying the grand kids and great grand kids, the occasional high tech engineering job to keep the brain cells working. He definitely loved retirement.

irishearl

Preferred Member
Aug 2, 2016
Good on you. I've been retired now just shy of 4 months. Definitely enjoy it more than work. I did actually get a retirement watch, a pocket watch. :D

warren

Preferred Member
Sep 13, 2013
You can no longer over-sleep. You can, of course, sleep-in. And, you soon will have to stop and think when asked, "How was your weekend?" When was the weekend?

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations, and take your time to evaluate your options and find your own rhythms and pace. I always felt busy on my job, which had a number of dimensions, writing and editing to photography, platform speaking, mediating with the media, writing scripts and even a children's book, etc. etc. Despite that, when I retired, for various reasons, I found the pace of life picked up a lot, more decisions on what to do and when and how to prioritize. So don't expect it all to be a warm bath. Retirement is somewhat a new job, but enjoy every bit of it.