PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Would it be possible to have the links that we insert be highlighted in some way? Right now, the way the links (don't) display are a bit...unique to this site. As it is, there is no way to tell what text contains links unless you go through some extra steps while posting. As the site has a new look, hopefully it can be modernized in this way as well. The standard formatting is links highlighted in blue, underlined or both. This would greatly enhance the usability of this site.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Jun 27, 2016
Makes sense to fix that. There're also a bunch of active greyed-out clickable text/buttons throughout the forums which should not be greyed-out.

Reactions: saintpeter

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Would it be possible to have the links that we insert be highlighted in some way? Right now, the way the links (don't) display are a bit...unique to this site. As it is, there is no way to tell what text contains links unless you go through some extra steps while posting. As the site has a new look, hopefully it can be modernized in this way as well. The standard formatting is links highlighted in blue, underlined or both. This would greatly enhance the usability of this site.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

What he said!

Jun 27, 2016
I'm talking about greyed-out buttons/ clickable text throughout the forums. Why would active text/ buttons be greyed out? Why would links in posts be black like the surrounding text? It really makes no sense to me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They were highlighted after the upgrade. The color palette was as well. Originally the update had bright orange borders that some found painful to look at and the scheme was muted. The link highlighting disappeared as well. You could always just post the full link.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
I'm not a web developer, but... I thought a work-around would be that you could change the colour of your text (via BBCode) but apparently that doesn't work either, the site CSS overrides it. Which kind of makes your formatting options on posts kinda moot.

I think it's a valid request for someone to alter the style-sheet (CSS) specifically all links within 'bbwrapper' divs to have a consistent highlight (or underline or colour or whatever).

Example Link <-- in this example here I'm using BBCode to indicate "color=rgb(251,160,38)" which is overridden by the master CSS file.

Aug 1, 2012
@admin I've even done some research on this. The forums for the XenForo software are quite helpful

Here's one option.

Another option.

...And yet another option.

For those of us who use the site for research, it is nice to know what text is a link an what is not. I realize that is a bit irrelevant as many of the threads containing interesting research are now closed. However, for the future it might help.

It might even help with policing the site if we know what are links and what is normal text.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I'd just like to chime in on this issue and also voice my support of adding this as an enhancement to the site for your next development cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.