PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
It being three days until my bday I wanted a really nice blend to go along with the celebration - I gazed through the stack of tins and there it was some SG Bracken Flake. The tins have about 8yrs of age on them so far and I was waiting for them to hit the 10yr mark, but could not wait any longer. I popped a tin and what I was rewarded with was a super dark flake with plenty of bloom crystals all glimmering away on the flake and that stronger Lakeland essence had now gone into the shadows. Now knowing how long the prep takes with an SG Flake I started the process last night - cube cutting the flake and laying it out to dry for my AM smoke. I was like a kid on Christmas morning, running downstairs to see the gifts under the tree. It was ready to smoke, perfect moisture levels, I loaded up a small MM Washington Cob, poured myself a cup of Grady's cold brew coffee and headed outside. I was greeted by a calm/still morn with a wonderful sunrise to add to my AM smoke. I did my usual two false lights, not rushing things before my final/true light - poof....nirvana smoking experience we all hope to get each time we fire up a bowl of our favorite blend.
I was also trying out a new IM Corona Double Corona Chrome Barley lighter my wife gifted me for the upcoming bday, again I could not wait and ripped the packed open ( again like a kid before Christmas day, hehe ) - The Double Corona is really a cigar lighter, it has a double soft flame ( not angled ) so not an ideal pipe lighter, but if you turn down the flame setting and twist the lighter it worked just fine for me ( the Old Boy or PipeMaster lines are outstanding pipe lighters and are up for the task without any effort but since I also enjoy a good cigar from time to time as well I will get double duty out of this bad boy ). The mirror polished chrome edge on the Double Corona was perfect for checking the bowl light, which was a bonus - :puffy:
im-coronadoublecorona.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m with you, Bracken Flake is pure euphoria in a tin, I love the stuff! All of my tins are from March 2011 so they also have about 7 years of age on them. It’s hands down my favorite morning smoke with a cup o joe on the side. I really wish this stuff was still in production as my stash is getting smaller and smaller. Time to load some up and pour me a cup of black coffee.... cheers!

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for the bday wishes Cortez
Yeah, I smoked a ton of this stuff back in the day / fresh , I also wish I had stocked up more - my supply now only consists of maybe a half dozen tins

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Happy birthday from me as well. Your new lighter is quite handsome, I have a Pipemaster in that same finish and I wasn’t aware of this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.