PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
With all of the legislation which is rammed down our throats every second from every form of communication we come in contact with, it's hard to compartmentalize it and keep it off these forums. As such, I'd like to reiterate Forum Rule #6.
Political Posts Not Allowed
6. We want to keep it friendly and fun around here. Political threads make it nearly impossible to maintain that type of atmosphere, so they are forbidden ... (unless they have to do with tobacco policies and legislation).
So there you have it folks. While we are all appalled by any legislation which hinders our love and/or enjoyment of the leaf, please remember to refrain from straying into other legislations which have no bearing on tobacco or pipes.
Thank you.
-Jason

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Dang new legislation against ranting about legislation...It's a gubment plot I tell you, The mods, Kevin, they're in on it. Next they'll be taking our guns, so we can't fight back when the Illuminaety comes for to give all our baccy over to Kevin and his cronies at briarbid.com. We'll have to use our pipes as warclubs to fight back. I call general of the 205th Doc Grabow combat division. We'll take Storient over first so we can use the meerschaum blocks to cut down into sling stones. Can I get a few "dippers" to start stock piling spit cup bottles for use as anti-personell grenades?
There I think I managed to somehow work in all the rants :lol:

PS: don't be mad, Kevin those are some nice shoes your wearing today, please don't boot me, I am not but a harmless jester

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
With all of the legislation which is rammed down our throats every second from every form of communication we come in contact with, it's hard to compartmentalize it and keep it off these forums. As such, I'd like to reiterate Forum Rule #6.
Political Posts Not Allowed
6. We want to keep it friendly and fun around here. Political threads make it nearly impossible to maintain that type of atmosphere, so they are forbidden ... (unless they have to do with tobacco policies and legislation).
So there you have it folks. While we are all appalled by any legislation which hinders our love and/or enjoyment of the leaf, please remember to refrain from straying into other legislations which have no bearing on tobacco or pipes.
Thank you Jason.
L.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
please remember to refrain from straying into other legislations which have no bearing on tobacco or pipes.

I think all conversations eventually lead to pipes. Heathcare, gun control, taxes, literature, history, religion...... :mrgreen:

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
You guys kill me..... well not literally.... and not with guns...... oh rat's those meddling kids my plan was foolproof!

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i approve. let those on the payroll of the lobbyists do the fear mongering. fear is unbecoming a man with a pipe in his hand anyway.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's also hugely character building in this time to have vigorous animated discussion on a subject we

all enjoy not knowing what others' politics and issues might be. It's not the same as tolerance and

balance in all of our discussions, but it's a heartening start. The person who doesn't agree with us at

all about "X" may be our best teacher, not because they will convert us to their point of view, but because

they will develop and refine our point of view. And the best way to get there is by having common ground

on other subjects. You'all come and set a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.