PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
08DF6712-21AD-48BA-8DDE-B8DEBCCB5E8F_zpssh9ao5dv.jpg

Last night was the first meeting of the (insert catchy name here) here in Regina and a great time was had. Morton, Yaddy306, and myself met up at a local watering hole to smoke some pipes, swap some blends, and have a merry ole time. Morton is the brew master there so his recommendations of ales was great.

I had met Morton before but had only spoken with Yaddy through this site and its amazing to find what a small world it is. Between the three of us we knew many of the same people and had similar interests outside of pipe smoking. It was really cool to hear about each others backgrounds and the different paths we have walking in life only to find us all gathered at the same table sharing a mutual passion.

I got to try 2 tobacco I had never tried before, a bowl of Carter Hall thanks to Yaddy, and a wee bowl of Brown Boggie rope thanks to Morton(which I am still feeling the effects of it lol). Yaddy got into a bowl of my Beacon Extra while Morton enjoyed his first bowl of 5100 Red Cake.

I was a great time with a couple of great guys and its one I hope we repeat soon and often. Cheers lads!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Nothing better than good friends sharing stories and a pipe. Glad you had such a great time!

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
It was a great time, til the hail started up!
We'll have to do that again soon.
Can't wait to try the Blockade Runner and Fat Bastard from Ogre and the Black House from Morton. Thanks, guys!

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Super time was had by all and we are looking for more pipers to join us. PM one of us if you're from the area (Regina, SK) and we can do this again. I figured the Brown Bogie would give the blueeyedogre a good nic hit and I was not disappointed. I managed to score a few samples of CH and Prince Albert both of which I had always wanted to try and found out how good McC 5100 is. I'll be buying pounds of that stuff I'm sure! Now we just need a catchy name for our fledgling "club". Suggestions?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good for you guys. Our little group started off with just 2 of us and now we usually get 8-10 pipers at the monthly "meetings". I hope your group grows as well. Nights like that are fun and worth the wait.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Ordinarily I'd be pleased to see stuff like this, but after the beatdown my RedBlacks suffered at the hands of the Riders last week I'm not sure how I feel... 8O

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Trust me, we are just happy they are back. The honeymoon will continue for awhile. Got my season tickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.