Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just read this on another site and figured people here might want to know. Sounds like someone from their legal department decided they shouldn't expose themselves to the liability associated with tobacco. I wonder how much business was actually being done there?

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I never actually bought any tobacco from Reddit, but I did get a few blending recipes that were posted there.

Hell, I didn't even know they sold pipe tobacco there... dammit, missed out again!

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Too bad tobacco production isn't the lifeblood of some socially marginalized group of sexually fluid tri-racial non-cis-gendered advocates for an endangered species of rodent in Tibet, cuz then they'd be all for it.
As it is, though, tobacco is an evil plot to take over the world by a Hitleresque cadre of sadistic hypercapitalists who exploit the underclasses, so it must be categorically rejected and condemned in every way.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
Do not be mislead. This is something that is going to affect the whole interwebs. There are negative repercussions for the SESTA/FOSTA bill that just passed today.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This is something that is going to affect the whole interwebs. There are negative repercussions for the SESTA/FOSTA bill that just passed today.
What does tobacco have to do with sex trafficking?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ok boys and girls, no talking about the sex bill that was just passed. That is an issue for a different thread. Let's please keep this tobacco related.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Thanks for the chuckle George and Sable; not only is Sable the Bard of the Barlings, but also he is the Bard of The Inscrutable.

May 4, 2015
There are people buying and selling tobacco all over Facebook, still.
They may not allow it in community sales pages, but in tobacco groups, it's alive and kicking.

May 4, 2015
Is there a way to look at facebook without having an account? I ain't joining for nothing. I am in hiding and I can't have people know where I am.
Not for the purposes you'd want it for - all the buy/sell/trade groups are closed and you have to join them to see any content.

May 4, 2015
Thanks Tom, maybe I will get one of my kids to let me use their account.
To be honest, there isn't a whole lot to see in the groups when it comes to tobacco. At least as of late, it's mostly people trying to offload tins of Frog Morton for $45/bucks each and then everyone else bitching at them for it. It's much more useful for the occasional nice pipe or accessory.
Trading is fairly easy to do on that platform though. Just don't expect to see 2000 Westminster or anything like that on there.

Oct 7, 2016
This is not good news for any body. Never used Reddit though I looked at it. The pressures around sales of tobacco just keep mounting. Suppose a web hosting company or two or three decide they don't want to carry (insert your favorite on line vendor) any more. Won't take long before they all follow like lemmings

Status
Not open for further replies.