PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysail

Might Stick Around
Sep 16, 2012
This is funny because I bought red man loose leaf over the weekend just to try it. I did it a couple times, in moderation, caught a buzz, and now unfortunatly I want more.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Say it with me: M O D E R A T I O N...

It was just a small pinch! I love strong pipe tobacco, I have most if the ropes and strong flakes and they are no comparison to what I experienced with the chew.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
skysail, it's probably best to lay off it for awhile unless you are looking to chew regularly...
ohin, that's a good philosophy but it is tough to stay on course.
mangers, I know what you mean. I just had a small pinch on the first occasion when it burnt like hell.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Can you recommend some mangers?

Strong tobaccos? Yes but that would be thread hijacking. Post up a thread looking for recommendations and I would be happy to. :)

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
I remember trying chews as a teen. Beechnut leaf was my fav. Very mellow but tasted like Redman. Copenhagen. Wow that stuff was strong.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I guess there is no "standard serving" but how much do you guys tend to use when you are chewing?
(I've seen ads for Beechnut in the past but I've never seen it before... Skoal is the only dip around here.)

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I checked this topic just to see if you put the chew in a pipe and smoked it. :D

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
No sir, I suspect it'd take quite awhile to dry out!
Supposedly in the old days people would chew the tobacco, dry it out, and then smoke it but I'm not that hard up. :lol:
I was still feeling off so I took a little pinch to tide me over. I'm going to try abstinence again tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.