PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
My latest pipe, after months of PAD, I gave in and I'm glad I did. I actually kinda like the 9mm filter, shuts down tongue bite. The briar on this baby is thick and solid, I tend to smoke a little hot, but this pipe barely got warm. Fit and finish are fantastic, the blasting is great, the stain on the rim and shank is dark and accents the blast well. The horn inlay on mine is rather dark, and I love it. The chamber is quite large and the drilling is spot on. Its light and small enough to clench easily, and stout and smooth enough to be great in hand. Everything fits like it should, not tight or loose. Comes beautifully packaged, in a velvet pouch, which is inside a nice leatherette box. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed. Just thought I would share in case anyone else has been eyeballing these and wondering about the quality. Pics as soon as i figure out how...

Jan 8, 2013
CAM00363_zps6c459ada.jpg
[/URL][/img]

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I was just looking at those on Smokingpipes website yesterday. I have to say, it's one of the best looking pipes in the Rattrays lineup.

Good pick !

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Nice pipe mate. I have bigger pipes but I'm a big fan of the smaller, well-balanced pipes with decent sized chambers. Easy to use when walking &c. but with capacity for a decent bowl full. My current main 'out & about' companion is a Stanwell 191 bulldog but I need another and your Chubby Jackey looks the part! I feel an order coming on! If you like that style, Danish pipes generally are worth a look. My personal dream is a Former 1327 rusticated black apple, but I can't find one for love nor money :-(
Andy

Jan 8, 2013
@ cortez - yes, thats actually my pic i put on photobucket, but still messed up trying to put it here. Thanks.

Jan 8, 2013
@ andystewart- i have a stanwell 19 that im a big fan of as well, good stout pipe. Its taken a bit of abuse, but still smokes great. Ive had my eye on a golden danish 191 for a while now, looks like a good choice for taking places with me. Thanks for the info

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
I've got to get one of those. It would be great for traveling. Short and a big bowl combined is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.