PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I am in Portland, OR tonight and it is raining. I have been in snow for a few weeks now. I am really not sure which is worse. Ok, I am just griping about the weather. What's wrong with a nice sunny day?
I am at the Jubitz truck stop, one of the world's premier truck stops. Everything one could ask, hotel, fine dining (more or less), bar, movie theater, etc. A grand place all around.
I spent a couple of hours in the bar drinking beer before bringing some BBQ chicken wings back to my truck. I had a pretty good time, except for the trying time spent talking to a railroader who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
One lady trucker had a very nice American pit bull dog that was a joy. It was very friendly and I had a good time petting it and putting it through the tricks she had taught it. I was impressed by how clean the dog was as it didn't have any trace of that "dog smell" to it at all.
There was one guy who was a bit of a jerk (besides the railroader), but in any bar there always is. He and I butted heads for a moment but after I gave him my "thousand yard stare" and told him to back the hell off of me, I didn't have any more trouble from him. My eyes have always bothered people for some reason I have never really understood, but I have learned to use it to my advantage.
I ate my chicken wings in my truck and filled a Peterson with some Bishop's Move tobacco. Ahhhh, what could be finer?
Tomorrow morning I will deliver this stupid highway sign and associated parts and be done with this load. Who knows what is next?

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Yep, the killjoys are all over the planet... We must need 'em...,

for something. I've not worked it out yet, so I devote as little time

to them as possible. The dog sound pretty cool.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Most people forget that every thing we buy , use and see is shipped at one point or another by a truck . Thank You Mason .

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
I'll be in portland tomorrow; going to hold up in weed,ca tonight. Snow is blowing and I don't think I've got 10k in the box. Wave if you head south.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks for the positive comments, gents.
I am currently sitting in Post Falls, Idaho. There is a major snowstorm taking place here at the moment and I don't care to try crossing the mountain passes when they are predicting as much as an inch per hour of snowfall. It just isn't worth it. I passed two cars slid off into the ditches already.
One car was in the ditch on the side of a straight stretch of highway, thew other slid into the ditch while trying to turn a corner.
I am hearing on the CB that there is another accident that just happened just a couple of miles west of here. The roads are getting pretty slick.
I'll hang out here tonight and let the storm pass, then cross the mountains into Montana tomorrow.
I had hoped to deliver this load in Minnesota on Friday afternoon but this weather pretty much kills that plan so I'll just take my time now and deliver on Monday.
Time for a pipe. :)

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Ditto Lawrence's sentiments. Been in the shipping business for a long time now and have found the vast majority of truckers are great folks. The world would be at a standstill if they were off the job.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks again, gents. This is the view from my windshield at the moment. Brrrrr
postfalls1.jpg

postfalls2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.