PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
I had some cedar pieces lying around I picked up years ago. I thought I would throw something together to see if I could make a rack. This is not finished and was done in a couple hours. I didn't bother with exact measurements and so not everything is even but it gives me a visual reference.
031511214813-1.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That looks like nice clean work. I wish I could do as well.
Here's the pipe rack that I won for taking 2nd Place at the last Official PipesMagazine.com Blog Essay Contest.

DSCN0563.jpg

I heard the 1st Place winner's pipe rack came with eggs.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Pretty good work, groundsar.
And that 2nd place rack is bad ass too. I have one in blue.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
The ceder is going to work nice. Like the end slots.
:laughat: egg rack, now thats thinking for ya.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I badly need a nice pipe rack, mine currently are scattered around the house, car, garage, man-cave, porch, etc. Maybe post some plans for the finished project?

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well marmal4de if you wanted a design for a rack I've got a google sketchup file for the vertirack I designed and sent to buckeye here that I'd be happy to send you. You could ask him how well it works though I'm not sure if he's using it yet. Don't mean to hijack your thread groundsar but I'd be happy to give you the same thing if you'd like another design to try out.

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
Ichbin- I don't feel hijacked. And I would be interested in your vertirack. I'm planning to try several different designs :D

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well just PM me your e-mail and I'll shoot it right over to you.

I'm really quite proud of the design for its simplicity and ability to hold 20 pipes in a square foot. :D

Sure displays them quite nicely as well.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Here is one I am still working on but these are my plans...

rackplans.png

This is my cardboard mock up that I made...

IMG_3077.jpg

And here is attempt #1 with slight modifications that my dad decided to do that didn't work...

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

I started my second attempt (without my dad) and I will hopefully finish it. I started this project about 4 months ago and I had to put it on the back burning for the time being... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.