PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I tried Sutliff's matured red virginia 515 RC -1 this week, hoping to fill the void left by the dissappearance of Mcclelland's 5100 red cake. This is great stuff, and I will look no further for a replacement blend.
While enjoying the pouch note I felt like the strong vinegar note was similiar to the red cake, but except the the red cake was more 'ketchup'...
And this is where I went down a rabbit hole thinking to myself, "I wonder if a sauce reviewer/connoisseur/taster would use the word vinegar as a way of describing the taste of ketchup?" and from there, "I wonder what words a vinegar reviewer/connoisseur/taster would use?" I imagined a vinegar enthusiast forum where people are comparing artisanal small batch vinegars, and saying things like "Upon popping the cork on the hand blown glass bottle I get a hit of Mcclelland's Red Cake tobacco pouch note".

Anyways...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Actually, I am almost sure there is. Given the range of balsamic vinegars- and some are like candy!- it wouldn't surprise me if there is such a forum.

....."This fig based vinegar reminds me of Captain Black Grape, but in a good way"....

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I’m sure if you search hard enough, you can find a forum on about anything. Probably even stuff you really don’t want to know! Google knows everything (which is another rabbit hole of its own):LOL:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh boy, I jarred ounces of 515 and haven't tried it yet, so this whets my appetite, and I'm so glad to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.