PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Star of such films as Alien, 1984, V For Vendetta, and many others has left us at 77.
17John-Hurt-1.jpg

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Fantastic talent and remarkable actor. Elephant Man kept me depressed for weeks. A great turn as Doctor Who, he had 204 acting credits going back to 1962. RIP

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Very sad to hear this. One of my favorite actors to watch. Just saw him in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", and in" Dead Man". He projected soul in his work. What a face, like W. H. Auden but with a good sense of humor and a bit of bravado.

There's a great movie called "The Shout" with Hurt and Alan Bates that is worth watching if you can find it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Elephant Man" was a tour de force. To work under all that make-up and body suit to make an extensively deformed character truly sympathetic was a master class in acting and theater art in general. The fact that he had the vision to take on such a role at all is a lasting tribute to his talent and depth. He made the role about this singular difficult situation also about human kindness at large.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I loved his portrayal of the War Doctor, especially in the episode where he, David Tennant, and Matt Smith were together as three different incarnations of The Doctor.
the-war-doctor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.