PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I prefer you, Sablebrush.
Your posts are always chockablock full of wonderful advice, humorous comments and salient anecdotes.
Pard, you're one of the treasures around here. I've been participating for several years and this joint is a revolving door of humanity. People do come and go but guys like you are one of the reasons I keep coming back.
I've learned that I'll more than likely never be a VA or VA/PER smoker and that Englishes will always carry the day for me, but I also know that smart pipe smokers hang around here and I always enjoy the back and forth banter and free exchange of ideas.
Please refrain from moving on.
Fnord

Dec 24, 2012
First the Sinister Six and now Preferred Member status. You are on a roll.
I always enjoy your posts and sage advice.
Congrats.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I doubt I will ever get elevated beyond 'Member Status' as I plough my own farrow and frankly I am not bothered. I remember at school the Head Master asking me if I would like to be Head Boy. I told him I had never given head to a boy in my life. Resulted in an instant six of the cane. After the first three the HM asked me if I had anything to say and I replied…'Still be you friend!'. THe last free were a little more aggressive than usual!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
sablebrush52, I'm sure you'll enjoy your 365 as well as I did mine. I'll have hell ever filling it 'cause I never saw a rack that holds that many pipes until I got "In The Club"... FedEx should be knocking any time....

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
What did Groucho Marx say?
"I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member" (or something like that)
Always enjoy reading your posts.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Way to go Sablebrush! I enjoy your posts.
Condorlover1, Preferred means you have been here a year and had more than 500 posts. You will be here in six more months.
Winton

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Fairly low standards, I'd say. I mean, I'll be stepping over that line come October, and you can't give out a more misplaced honor than that. Well, it does show a tenacity that many others don't possess, so, three thumbs up to ya'.
As an aside, I wonder what the member retention rate it here? So many posts that go back 3 or 5 years have names on them that we never see anymore. It's the same for most forums that I've been on, and I'm wondering if I play a part in it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The overarching question here is, preferred to what?

To not preferred. Didn't Shakespeare write something about this? TO be preferred or not preferred... Something like that, right?
Fairly low standards, I'd say.
Yes, yes you would.

And you'd be right.
First the Sinister Six and now Preferred Member status. You are on a roll.
Didn't Beldar clear this up while I was away?
Thank you all. It's nice to be here.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I'd prefer to say that you are certainly a welcomed and respected preferred member here. Just wish you'd stop glaring at me over your glasses. :rofl:

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Not sure how I missed this 2 months ago, but congrats on your milestone. I do enjoy your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.