PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Someone kindly posted about this web site so I thought I would have a look and see what was available. Firstly I must point out that I am not a cigar smoker other than the odd Cuban consumed when I lived in London years ago. If cigars are your thing then this site certainly has a lot of eye candy. The site itself requires you to join and then you can bid all manner of cigars. That being said it has a pipes and tobacco section that seems to have a wide range a well priced/for sale tins of pipe tobacco. A brief perusal showed tins of Dunhill 965, Early Morning Mixture, Standard to name a few. The old SToP blends were well represented with all three War Horse blends as well as tins of John Cottons 1 and the new Russ O creation John Cottons Double Pressed. If you haven't tried the JC Double Pressed its worth the experience and the prices seemed on par with our friends at P&C. The only draw back was this site only carried a few tins as opposed to P&C's massive inventory, I have walked through their warehouse and its an experience let me tell you. I was quite taken back that the site had a chat room/s which seemed to run the gamut of cooking through to surprisingly cigars. The other chatroom was politics and a brief look in convinced me that it resembled a Wild West Saloon with people being thrown through windows on a regular basis. I retreated back to the safe space of Pipes Magazine post haste!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
CigarBid was started by Cigars International and the site looks nothing like it did years ago when I first started using it. If I can't win a good bid or find something on the free falls I don't waste my time. They used to put some real premium cigars up and people would bid more than if they had just outright bought them.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
au contraire Brian64! Some of the conversations looked rather heated and would be what we inhabitants of 'Magazonia' would describe as courageous at best! rotf

Reactions: brian64

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Who owns the site then? Anyone know?
I believe they (and P&C) are still owned by Cigars International.

C-bid isn't a great place for pipe tobacco if you are looking for something specific, but they'll have a number of good blends up for auction at any one time, and with a little work you can score them for 50 percent off of what P&C sells for. In my recent order, I scored a number of HH tins (and others) for 5 bucks a piece, and SPC PP and Mississippi river special reserves for under 15 each.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My brother enjoys cigars. He had a "interesting" experience with Cigar Bid. He had some medical procedure and went to bed early. During the night, he couldn't sleep, so he went on the computer. In the morning, he had NO recollection of the previous night. Then he got multiple notices from Cigar Bid, that he won an auction. The total came to about 10 times his normal order.

Moral: Pain meds and online auctions are a BAD combination.

Reactions: spartacus

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I can attest to that fact, couple days ago I mistakenly jabbed at the buy it now instead of the auction I wanted, Bingo I bought it, and for 10$ more than I could have bought it from another merchant. Not fussing my fault, but be careful on that site, no mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.