PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Welcome to the forum, relax and stay awhile.
Regarding the pipe you got, I really don't get the discussion on this. A Peterson Pipe was purchased and you were expecting it to have "Peterson" and "Made in Ireland" stamped on it and it did not. You state "It's not a "house" pipe, sold as a Peterson and costs $105.50, could of gotten a normal Peterson for that money." and by normal I take you to mean it has the stamping that you seek.
It appears you are very unhappy with it, easy, just return it and get the normal Peterson. Why get so hot and bothered over this. I have purchased pipes online many times and I call with questions. One of the draw backs of using the internet for pipe purchases.

May 4, 2015
Seems like the OP feels duped somehow? It's a Peterson pipe, advertised as such, sold by a dealer of Peterson products. I guess he was just determined to be upset about this transaction - regardless of explanations, references, reassurances and suggestions?

namdoc

Lurker
Jun 28, 2015
What is an OP? Joined this forum as namdoc. Just threw out question, got some great answers, whom I thank. Others that have negative stuff to say, if you can't say some nice don't say it, the sense of superiority is just your inflated ego. It's why I never join forums, some people sit around looking to share their inflate opinions, and as I have learned over the years opinions like arse holes, everybody has one. Just my opinion :nana:

May 4, 2015
OP = original poster = you
It's not negativity necessarily. Just confusion about your reaction to what you deem to be a bad transaction, even though you got what you ordered, less specific stamping.
It also seems like you were pointing some negativity at a site sponsor, who you are the only person of the opinion committed a foul of some sort.

namdoc

Lurker
Jun 28, 2015
NEW to any forum, 73 years old, don't know what I'm doing, no negativity to site sponsor, don't even know who that would be. Think I best stick to reading, this was not worth the trouble.
Keeping calm and carrying on, with a pipe in my pie hole.....

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Not sure what you mean by "house" pipe, when you say that I hear drug store mass produced junk..
Actually Peterson House Pipes are their top-of-the-line hand-made pipes, XXL in size, and are very high quality.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Don't give up on participating here namedoc, I am sure with your vast experience pipe smoking you have much to contribute.
I would rest easy with your purchase - I am a peterson fan as well and own 40 plus of them including two older Captain Petes. They are indeed Petersons and both smoke great.

namdoc

Lurker
Jun 28, 2015
For any that care to know, Cupojoes contacted Peterson and this was what they got back:
Capt Pete was launched in the 1980s.

It is basically the Sherlock Holmes shapes plus classic shapes 107 and XL90 .The shank and mouthpiece of these shapes are cut back to give the pipe a "chunky look ".
They have only ever been stamped "Capt Pete " and neither "Peterson " or" Made in Ireland " are stamped on the pipe. In fact we dropped "Made in Itreland " from all pipes a few years ago and now the only stamp , other than the name of the pipe is "Peterson of Dublin".
The name "Capt Pete " is a play on the company name "Kapp and Peterson "

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice that Cup o' Joes went to Peterson with your concern. It's nice to see that Peterson came back with a prompt and complete reply.
Most importantly... How does that make you feel about your purchase? Are you keeping the pipe, or returning it?
-- Pat

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
So I guess it is indeed a Peterson pipe that you purchased, based on that information.

namdoc

Lurker
Jun 28, 2015
Yes I am happy and keeping the pipe, guess your never to old to learn. Thanks for everyone's patients. Cookies great communicators

Status
Not open for further replies.