PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
I generally don't smoke aromatics, however I've seen Molto Dolce mentioned numerous times while reading here in the forums. I regularly smoke Virginias and VaPers such as Orlik Golden Sliced, SG Full Virginia Flake, SG Golden Glow, SG Saint James Flake, and Escudo. I recently purchased a tin of Miss. River and absolutely loved it, hence I'm trying to make myself open to smoke other things. What I'm worried about is, will it still taste like tobacco? I thoroughly enjoy tobacco "taste" if you will. I've smoked aromatics in the past, mostly house blends from my local B&M, they do smell good to the people around me but frankly I did not enjoy the taste at all. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have not had this blend but everyone says it is very sweet and many comment that there is no real tobacco taste during the smoke. It's fairly wet out of the tin so drying is essential. If you have an occasional sweet tooth this may work for you. I don't smoke aros all that often and ehn I do they usually have some percentage of latakia in them so others here are bound to be better judges of Molto Dolce. Good luck.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
It's a good aro for a change of pace. Very sweet but with an awesome room note.
It tends to turn my tongue black so I haven't smoked it in a while.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I no longer smoke aro's either as I simply get no taste from them. I still have a few aro's stored in Mason jars including MD. Just for the hell of it I smoked a bowl of it about a week ago and it left me totally unsatisfied with nothing more than sucking in a hot vapid air with a pleasant room note. From now on if I have the taste for something sweet I'll just go to my local Baskin-Robins for some ice cream. At least I know I can taste that! :wink:

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
That's exactly what I was concerned with Phil. In my experience most aromatics leave a smoker wanting alot more. Anyone have any recommendations of a tobacco that has a pleasant room note to a very discriminating non-smoker, yet still tastes like tobacco?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Molto tastes like candy but not tobacco. It tastes good and is what it is. Most aros don't taste like tobacco. They aren't meant to. But everything is worth at least one smoke in my book. You never know when you will find a new favorite.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Peterson's University Flake comes to mind... love it! Has a somewhat sweet taste married with a tobacco taste and it leaves, in my opinion, a nice room note. A MUST try.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
it's alright

smooth consistent...maybe a good switch hit...in a cob

when it comes to aros i go for Boswell's Christmas Cookie or Piper's pleasure.

also the new Sutliff Honey and Chocolate is really good.

so if you want to switch and try an aro

i'd personally order it

Boswell

H&C

Molto Dolce

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
If I smoke an aromatic, I mix it at 40% with 60% Carter Hall. I still get some tobacco taste, and others around me can enjoy the aroma. Win/win. I don't have much stock of aromatic tobaccos, but I do keep some on hand for times when I'm smoking in proximity to others.

northernstar

Lurker
Aug 2, 2014
I have a tin of this on its way to my house right now actually, haha. From what I have seen and heard, it is very moist and needs to be dried out a bit before you smoke it. I have heard it leaves an amazing room note, and tastes decent. Probably has no tobacco taste though, but I have not tried it yet so there is not much I can say.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think Molto is sweet to an extreme, though I haven't tasted it. Other Sutliffs aromatic blends are good,

if you can smoke aromatics. I smoke aros in rotation now and then, to set off English, Va/Pers, and burley

blends I enjoy. Sutliff blends that are more tobacco forward are The Great Outdoors and Taste of Summer.

They do a good, milder English blend, Westminster, that is underrated but quite good. It doesn't displace

965, Nightcap, or Nat Sherman 536, but is a worthy and pleasing blend.

goinslow

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
Been wanting to try it ... probably the next tin I will buy if only to stave off the wife stink eye.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Blending your aro with a straight otc non aro will help. Drying it well will help it to smoke better. PS Peaches 'n Creme is the only aro I've tried since I was a kid....and it's ok...got some nic kick, and is very smooth with a nice note. I've got two otc's right now and I've mixed them both in some individually. SWR and PA...it works.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Been wanting to try it ... probably the next tin I will buy if only to stave off the wife stink eye.
Well... Molto Dolce should certainly accomplish that if anything.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
In my experience most aromatics leave a smoker wanting alot more. Anyone have any recommendations of a tobacco that has a pleasant room note to a very discriminating non-smoker, yet still tastes like tobacco?
Light tobacco taste, but it's there relative to most other aromatics:

C&D Autumn Evening

Savinelli Cavendish

Pipeworks & Wilke No.191, Rumcake, and Vermont Maple Cavendish

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake
Fuller tobacco taste with an aromatic touch:

H&H Classic Burley Kake

Peterson University Flake

Orlik Golden Sliced

Pipeworks & Wilke No.5

Status
Not open for further replies.