Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
For those of you that listen to the radio show / podcast on a podcast app, like iTunes or Stitcher - or any app.
Do you download it, or just listen without downloading?
Asking for a friend named, Brian. j/k

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I automatically download new episodes so I can listen whenever I want. Usually while driving. Not sure what use use. I have an app simply called Podcasts on my iPhone.

Mike S.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I do both depending on requirements and I use Stitcher to do it.

May 4, 2015
I listen on Stitcher and just stream it when I want to enjoy an episode, which I do often.
The download metrics would show all downloads via subscription AND streams as downloads, though anyway right? Just wondering why Brian is wondering.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I am a dedicated listener of a number of podcasts. I use BeyondPod on my phone. It automatically downloads new episodes of podcasts whenever they’re posted and clears out the older downloads. Since I don’t have an unlimited mobile plan, I set BeyondPod to download only when connected to wifi. One other great thing about BeyondPod is that it shows the full description of the episode, including the guest name, even for published episodes not presently downloaded. I just wish I could search the descriptions when I’m trying to find an old episode.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I stream it 20% of the time, download it 80% of the time.
I use BeyondPod to manage my podcasts,
Ren

Status
Not open for further replies.