PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
Concerning Northwoods and a crossover blend, I've heard that before. This is a great example of how a tobacco can manifest itself to different people in different ways. I've never, personally, gotten that impression from the blend. And in the past several months, I sent a bowl-full of the blend to another forum member who has moved away from crossover blends in the past few years and now enjoys more full-bodied English blends, and he said the same thing. He was expecting a crossover, and was surprisingly delighted once he tried Northwoods.
So what do we do with that!? haha!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm smoking on some Presbyterian Mixture right now. Medium strength, and enough Latakia to add flavor without overpowering the blend. Other English favorites include Dunhill London Mixture and Standard Mixture Mellow. I find Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake to be a Lat bomb. I was into it until it took my taste buds away! Now I prefer Latakia as a spice rather than "in your face". Best crossovers are the Frog Morton blends with Frog Morton on the Bayou my personal favorite. Another unlikely but deserving candidate is Black Sea by Captain Black, and before turning up your nose on this one Lane has done a respectable job at using quality leaf, putting it in a category beyond CBR (White).
Ahhh, the world of English blends!

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
In addition to the fine suggestions above I'll add Ole Limey Bastard and Lancer's Slices.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'd also pile on the following fine blends from L.J. Peretti:
1) Cambridge Flake

2) Tashkent
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.