PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Hey guys! I've started making pipes here recently (some successes and some complete steamers) and just bought a tenon cutting tool from PME with some lucite. Their customer service has been amazing! But I was curious if you guys have purchased the tenon cutter, and what it's supposed to come with. What came was just a barrel and a cutting edge attached, with some wrenches. The instructions reference a guide pin, and an end to attach into my drill press, but my tool is missing that. Was I supposed to purchase those separately, or is it missing something? I'm asking here because I believe PME is closed Thursday through Sunday. Any help would be appreciated!
-Lou

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I believe you just put the male end of the piece into your drill and the other end goes over the already cut tenon for sizing. It's my understanding that the tenon already has to be cut and this will size it down to a snug fit. I think it's main use is for those pre-molded stems you can buy at PME. I could be wrong but years ago I was looking at buying one of those but went for a lathe instead.

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Yes, except it doesn't have a male end. It's just flush metal. I'm just curious to see if I was supposed to purchase something extra, or if I am missing a piece...
Does anyone remember how to post a pic?

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
You shouldn't have to buy anything extra. It is suppose to come with a post on each side. One post goes into your drill chuck. The other fits into a stem, however you may want to buy a proper bit to match it so it doesn't wobble around when turning. If not you will end up with a lopsided tenon.
When posting photos from photo bucket you just click on the IMG box to the right of the picture. Not the IMG Thumb one. When you click it it should auto copy, then just paste into the post box.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This is just one way to add photos to your post:
To get photos to load quickly and show in the post, you first have to upload the photo to this site.

1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and mouse down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image. Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and copy the URL, then paste same in desired thread, using the IMG tag in the compose window.

Status
Not open for further replies.