PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Don't use lighters. Not be to disrespectful, but it would be like lighting candles in church with a Zippo.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm not sure I understand your point, MSO.
Undecagon, I've been looking at Prometheus lighters, too. They look like a good simple mechanism. Good luck.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Not be to disrespectful, but it would be like lighting candles in church with a Zippo.
My Zippo works great for lighting my pipe. Bet it would do a pretty good job with candles, too :rofl:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Looks like a nice indoor lighter, if you go outside, I'd recommend a Zippo pipe lighter, otherwise your flame will be going out all the time.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I use a Zippo with a butane insert - works great for the outdoors - just let it flame a couple of seconds before lighting your pipe.
I have more expensive lighters that are for when we go somewhere and I want to "show off", which means they stay home on the shelf. If you do decide to go for it, I liked the #01 style.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I just recently acquired a Prometheus Imco lighter. Simple little lighter. Works well.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I really like the design, and inclusion of tamper and cutter (punch cut isn't my favorite, but nicer thsn my teeth!) I'm just not sure if I want to spend that much. Had a Veryigo Briar, it broke. Had a pipe zippo, it's lost. I think this will be next. Still not quite convinced...

Status
Not open for further replies.